Friction Folder Revisited

JK Knives

This is a prototype of the newest version of my friction folder, the Element FF, based on my Element Series,

3 1/4" Blade
7 5/8" Open
1/8" O1 steel
Choice of black or tan canvas micarta handle
Scandivex grind
Bottle opener tang

These would go for $158 shipped

DSCN3263.JPG DSCN3264.JPG DSCN3265.JPG

After the one I have on order is done I'll check my travel schedule and shoot you an email for a friction folder!

That's an attractive design - I like the styling.

Interestingly, I have been selling off some knives and I was playing with my JK Friction Folder yesterday.

I'll add a picture of old #1 - it's still in great shape and it's been used to cut stuff - it's JK 01 Steel so...you know...
DSC_2931.JPG

DSC_2930.JPG

best

mqqn

Don’t be too quick to say that John... I’ve been curious about friction folders off and on for awhile, never owned one and yours looks very interesting to me. Most others didn’t really appeal to me before but this one as a look... looks clean and useful like something you’d put in your pocket for daily use rather than putting it in a case or ontop a bookself for display

I’m talking about the old time styled friction folders not ones you’ve made in the past like Andy’s

Last edited:
I don't know much about friction folders. Do these styles have to have the extended tang?

Back