Friday Evening with Ram Kumar villager Tin Chirra

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
9.5 inch 7 ounce villager fit and finish villager Tin Chirra by Ram Kumar. Red satisal and bone combination handle. Leather sheath. Another amazing work by Ram Kumar!
Add to your growing collection at $100.

62C2BDa.jpg

rVDYr5C.jpg

xeZy7bj.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
Spectacular! Where's all them guys been wanting finger guards. I really like this one. Very unique and a great size. Handle is amazing. I got a triangle box today, I'd probably get a beating if another showed up in less than a week or so.
Maybe we need discreet packaging or something, or a mailing address unknown to anybody else ya know?

Spectacular! Where's all them guys been wanting finger guards. I really like this one. Very unique and a great size. Handle is amazing. I got a triangle box today, I'd probably get a beating if another showed up in less than a week or so.
Maybe we need discreet packaging or something, or a mailing address unknown to anybody else ya know?
I think I'm going to have to ask Ms. Yangdu to start shipping to my PO Box. :)

I think H Hawgsnawt would like this one.

I suggested in another thread that we have our mail carriers meet us in the forest...

ya know..... as tempted as I am.... I'm gonna pass on this one.... it may grow on me as I look at it later.... but atm, it just doesn't speak to me in a good way....

that could be it.... but honestly, with the multi section handle, the tooled guard, all the fancy blade work and scroll cut detail.......

it's just too damn busy for my tastes.... kinda like those awesome solid silver exoskeleton knives that I admire, but have no desire to own....

I prefer the beauty and simplicity of the more traditional styling.... there is something fantastic to me in the simple red handles, brass caps, and workhorse blades.

If I want something that.... pretty.... I'll buy jewelry.... I prefer my knives to be users, and I'd just.....never use that......

not sure if that makes any sense at all....LOL

now, don't get me wrong, I DO like the occasional embellishment..... as long as it's not over the top....

I don't mind wearing snakeskin boots, long as you understand they still gonna get muddy, but I ain't gonna carry no snake skin purse.....best way I can put it as a Texan.

NOW, if THAT blade, was on a solid Stasil wood handle, with brass end cap, and finger guard.... without all the carving and filigree ..... BUDDY YOU BETCHA!

.... honestly, with the multi section handle, the tooled guard, all the fancy blade work and scroll cut detail.......
it's just too damn busy for my tastes.... I prefer the beauty and simplicity of the more traditional styling.... there is something fantastic to me in the simple red handles, brass caps, and workhorse blades.

I kind of agree on this one. I have a knife (from another vendor) that's about the same size, somewhat similar shape and finger guard, but much simpler. It's one of my favorites because it's a convenient size, fits my hand like a glove, and has a thick blade that seems to be unbreakable. Let's see if I can upload the pic:

HuntingKnife9.5in-EGKHnnoz-00.jpg

I'd carry a snakeskin purse as long as it didn't clash with my ensemble or stilleto heels. Interesting fact. Yangdu hates snakes and I do too but a snakeskin means the snake is dead so maybe that's ok.
I consider the knife in question a BBQ knife and I'm not opposed to carrying a BBQ knife daily.
Like my trusty little micro bowie that I wear anytime I wear a belt, it's there when needed but it seldom comes out of the sheath except to admire or for show and tell. Doesn't mean it's not useful. Kind of like a fire extinguisher on your belt, it's there when you need it.
That being said some folks are into flashy or contrast, others prefer to blend, low profile. Nothing wrong with either except for BBQ's of course. Then I think flashy is mandatory.

The right person for this one may be out there still. It def has a degree of charm. But I would have personally preferred an all wood handle or all bone. Not too crazy about the combo. And even though I'm a big fan of the finger guard, this one has a little more flair than I would like.

Also, I'm kinda waiting for a lite Farm Knife :)

xx

Back