Friday Sale! 3" EDC, CPM 4V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the thread unlocks at 3:00PM do you have to hit refresh to see the unlocked reply box or will it just appear once unlocked?

The refreshing and then waiting for the photos to load take up precious micro-seconds and then page down and get to the reply box and follow up by hitting the send button.

The old forum format had the ability to disable photos... Can this still somehow be done on the new forum format?

^^^ I ran into this problem today :oops: . Rather, I was resolving the problem by redirecting photobucket.com to 127.0.0.1 when I realized that I did not have enough time and refreshed late :confused: . Next time, next time ;) . In any event, congrats to the winners :thumbsup:

PolRoger PolRoger : you need to refresh the page. I don't know if you can disable photos with the new format. Also the old format accepted TapaTalk which I don't think needed refreshing which enabled some folks to be always ahead of everyone else. Those nanosecond advantages seem to have gone out of the window under this new format. So it's now all about the timing of the refresh and the fastest nerve twitches on the method you have described.

To everyone who placed up until MikeKu825, if I have an email address I am attempting contact there since PM boxes seem to fill up so fast. If you prefer a PM, please let me know and I will make a note of it. I have started, but I think it is going to be a while. ;)

Nathan, I'm glad you've chosen to use Dan Crotts at Dozier for the sheaths. Especially for the horizontal carry, the fit is excellent, retention is very good and snappy. I've got a bunch of Doziers and the sheaths have been excellent for many many years now.

Dozier's kydex sheaths have enough spacing around the blade such that they don't scratch blades like many other kydex sheaths (it's usually grit that scratches, not the soft kydex). I believe they wrap the blades with just enough spacer (like with tape) when molding the kydex... not so much that they rattle, just enough that they normally don't scratch.

Dozier has always made these sheaths with minimal material, keeping them compact for the given size of blade.

Kudos for this choice for the EDC blades. Along with your super knife designs, builds, and heat treats, makes for a very high value package!

To everyone who placed up until MikeKu825, if I have an email address I am attempting contact there since PM boxes seem to fill up so fast. If you prefer a PM, please let me know and I will make a note of it. I have started, but I think it is going to be a while. ;)

Thank you Jo! I believe you have my email from our previous correspondence re: the EDC Micarta scales and NASK. You can contact me anytime via that email, but I'm in no rush. :)

To read Nathan's words that the 3v is a better all arounder, better corrosion resistance, to wait for that one unless you want this very specified cutting tool.... well... I just have a ton of respect for that sort of integrity and straightforward communication.

For my normal uses, 4v makes more sense. I'm really looking forward to getting this one! I'll keep my 3v around for when I get to go out and have some fun!!!!

If you're looking for something that is very durable at relatively high hardness with good edge stability, good wear resistance, good corrosion resistance, not too bad to sharpen and an all around great steel, wait for another batch of these in Delta 3V. The EDC is a great knife in 4V, but it's more of a specialty steel for knife nuts.

It is not as tough as 3V, but it's tougher than most steels. It has 5% chrome so it has better corrosion resistance than stuff like O1 or 1095, but it is not at all a "stainless steel", it will rust easily. If you have good tools it's not too bad to sharpen but I wouldn't call it easy to sharpen. What it has is outstanding edge stability, edge durability and wear resistance that adds up to a level of real world edge retention in normal use that will probably rival anything most people have ever tried. They're hard and thin, but you don't need to baby them, they're built for hard work. And with the optimized heat treat they're not at all chippy or crumbly so they'll take a thin narrow edge and hold it in rough use that will blow your mind.

Nathan, would appreciate hearing your comparative comments between 4V and your D2 heat treat in the EDC. Might make for a good thread all unto itself, comparing all 3 including Delta 3V.

Lol.
They didn't last more than 10 seconds let alone a weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back