Friday sale practice thread!

It’s only fun for the guys who score or already have one. Stop lying.lol :cool: There’s nothing fun sitting at phone or computer waiting for thread to start unless you sit in front of computer for a living and are getting paid for hitting the refresh button! My.02 from a workin guy. Good luck to everyone! Have a good weekend no matter what.

I can feel your discouragement @bullpin. Don't let it get you down too much. I always feel poorly when I see folks like you, Duramax, Georgecatl, (and others) that I recognize and know to be good people from other parts of the forum, struggle to get in. I think my best showing in the last two years has been #11 (in a 10-knife sale no less :eek: :D ). Luckily there are some very good people here that watch out for each other, and when they see someone that is dying to get their hands on a certain model, someone generally reaches out in some fashion. I have been helped that way many times. Anyway, just a thought.....It will happen yet! I hope you have a good weekend also.

Exactly Justin! Whenever that I had tried to switch over to a new system thinking that I had developed a cleverer way to game the Game, I totally ended up with rotten eggs on my face!

Let’s face it, some of us have certain disadvantages over the established fastest winners which will probably not remedy no matter how many mock practice runs we may complete. Practice is great and it makes us better and faster, but only if done correctly under the actual pressures of an actual sales thread.

Exactly Justin! Whenever that I had tried to switch over to a new system thinking that I had developed a cleverer way to game the Game, I totally ended up with rotten eggs on my face!

Let’s face it, some of us have certain disadvantages over the established fastest winners which will probably not remedy no matter how many mock practice runs we may complete. Practice is great and it makes us better and faster, but only if done correctly under the actual pressures of an actual sales thread.

You are definitely right about how pressure changes things!

Looking forward to the larger sales. I stand a much better chance if there are 20 or more knives.

Part of the fun is the waiting, anticipation, and good company!!!

Part of the fun is the waiting, anticipation, and good company!!!

OP should consider changing the thread title to:
"Friday sales practice thread! And moral support group"

Bulletin:
Meetings available every Friday @ 3:01 p.m. and again at 5:01 p.m. We shall prevail! :D

All kidding aside. What you speak of is true. Part of the enjoyment in obtaining a CPK is the journey taken in getting there and those that we have here with us that are all along for the same ride. If you stick with it long enough the reward is very much worth it.

The people behind team CPK really are doing everything in their power to make sure each and everyone of us eventually gets what we're after within the limitations of their capacity. Be thankful we get what we get. We have a place to talk about and share our experiences with each other and the very people behind the commodity we're after. You couldn't ask for anything more! If you're not having fun doing it, your doing it wrong. :cool:

I'm trying to improve my game...

2h3m2v.jpg

I've never even attempted a Friday sale being in Hawaii on a cell phone I figure my odds are pretty slim...

That being said Saturday 2/9 is my birthday so I figure the 2/8 sale especially of this pattern is a good time to start.

How are the actual mechanics of it?

Locked thread, hit refresh till unlock, pound keys and somehow hit post in a millisecond ?

I've never even attempted a Friday sale being in Hawaii on a cell phone I figure my odds are pretty slim...

That being said Saturday 2/9 is my birthday so I figure the 2/8 sale especially of this pattern is a good time to start.

Locked thread, hit refresh till unlock, pound keys and somehow hit post in a millisecond ?

Yep. Good luck!. I have a good rate of success from a cellphone in London so it's worth a shot

Yep. Good luck!. I have a good rate of success from a cellphone in London so it's worth a shot

Actually, no! Since the sale will be in the Main Sale Area, there will be no locked thread. Nathan will post a new thread there at 3PM ET and you have to refresh to see the new post -> click on it -> go to bottom and post your reply and hit enter. Gluck!

Light travels at 300K KM/S or 186K M/S in vacuum so even though the speed that electromagnetic signals travel through the communication system will be a bit slower than the actual speed of a light photon in vacuum, our earth is not that big for the distances across the Pond to make a significant difference!

The upload / download speeds are much more crucial plus the person's proficiencies and his adeptness in Friday's sales trickeries than the huge physical distances. Ironically over there in the U.K. you have better and faster G networks :eek:

Back