Friends of BladeForums

Thanks for taking the time to post this, Lan. It cannot have been easy for you, and I appreciate it. Your father was an extremely valued and loved friend to many on this forum, and that love extends to you, Bo, and your family.

Lan, no time on earth is long enough to share with those we love, or to prepare our hearts for good-bye, but Our Savior has given eternal life, as a gift to those who believe. Your father was special to many and will be greatly missed, thank you for posting.

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I've lost both my parents to cancer and reading Bobs posts was often difficult because I could guess what he was going through. But the attitude he projected was amazing and I'll always remember him that way.

Lan, thanks for stopping in to post. So often people disappear with no closure. You’re dad was too good and too close to many of us for that to have happened. While our mourning and sadness can’t compare to yours, rest assured that your dad will be missed here greatly. I will continue to pray for your family, especially Bo, and may he continue on what your dad has taught him. In that case, your dad is never truly gone then.

Thank you for the post Lan. I lost my father in 2009 and I can tell you I still feel his presence and hear his advice every day (we worked together in our family business).
I'm sure you and Bo will have the same experience with your dad. I wish you, Bo and your family all the best.

Hi Lan, and thank you for your kind text back the other day, I havent replied or texted you since hearing of our mate Bob passing away, Paul textd me yesterday morning while I was at work, I rang him but couldnt hold back the tears.
We would love Bo to come in here when he is ready, we in the past have got some nice Knives to Bob- which in turn Im guessing you know who will get them, with those and the love we have for Bob- Bo will be gladly taken under our wings here- if he falls as we all have here for the love of Traditonal Knives- then it would be a pleasure to help Bo along- and of course to keep in touch.
Im teRribly sorry for the loss of Bob,our thoughts are very much with you and your family Lan.
Take Care and lets talk in the future some time
Duncan

Thank you so much Lan for taking time to drop in and giving many of us some small in-sight into Big Biscuit's life . Most of us , including myself , only communicated with him on these forums . He is one of the many who welcomed me to it 3 years ago and one who I certainly respected more than I can say . He was a guy who I wish that I could have sat down and talked with . May GOD bless you young lady and give you peace at this time .

Harry

I didn't know him and don't think I even ever had any forum interactions with him, but always heard his name being praised and how great he was.
My condolences go out to anyone who knew him, from his friends and family to his forum friends and family.

Thank you Lan for taking time to post that wonderful message here. Your dad was and will always be my friend. He was a kind, considerate, generous and patient man that you can hold your head high and be proud of. He has left a lasting legacy here and will not be forgotten. He loved all of you very much and was so proud of both you and Bo. I believe in prayer and will pray for grace and comfort for all of you. If you guys ever need us please let us know you have my phone number please call or text anytime.

Thank you for taking time to post Lan. Being relatively new here I unfortunately came in as your Dad was on his last journey. I very much appreciate your narrative, which filled in a lot for me about Bob. It is good that you and Bo will have these same memories and more to carry you along!

I'm so sorry to hear this. I never met your Dad in person, but feel like he was a friend to me here on this forum and I know in my heart, he was a good guy. The best one can say about any of us. We were good guys.

It’s been said many times by now, but thank you so much for taking time to post this. It means a lot to all of us.
Pulling up the traditional forum earlier and seeing Bob’s avatar at the top of the page took me a bit off guard. At first I thought someone brought up an old thread of his. I was a bit apprehensive to open it.
After reading through this thread for the first time I got to thinking how Bob must’ve lived a beautiful life. You just don’t get this kind of overwhelming support from so many strangers from all over the world without being an exceptional human being.
I never knew the man personally like many of the folks here, but I read through countless examples of his knowledge and generosity on a daily basis with the occasional fishing or knife small talk/ complements.

Back