Friends of BladeForums

Hello Lan, thank you for posting this thread. My condolences to you and your family. We are going to miss Bob and his happy avatar popping up here. Perhaps you or Bo could use that image if you become more regular posters on Blade Forums. Take care.

Lan, my sincere condolences to you and your family. Bob was the first of many people I have befriended here on the Porch. You have described how Bob was a loving husband, father and grandfather to your family. He was a loving role model to you and Bo. All of these things come as no surprise to the ones that he touched here. Your father was a kind and generous man. He was always willing to help new members with his wisdom and love of Traditional knives. I am blessed to have known your father and proud to have called him my friend! Our prayers will continue for you and Bo.

We will continue to pray for your family as you go through these tough times. I am sure I speak for all of us here when I say that I am thankful for the time we got to spend together sharing knife stories here on the porch!

I never had the privilege of knowing Bob directly, but it is quite evident that he was well respected and loved by many. Thank you for sharing a personal glimpse of his life and passions.

Lan-thank you so, for taking this time, now, at one of the cruelest moments in life, the loss of your loved one, your father. So many here who were touched by your father, once for a moment, or again and again as friends have shared thoughts and prayers for your family and your father. Only since becoming one myself, do I realize how important they are-at three or thirty-three. Take time to heal, full of the knowledge that your father touched not only those he could see everyday, but also many others (like myself) who would never meet him outside of these little communities. I truly liked your father. I can honestly say that about so few anymore. Be well, mourn just long enough, and celebrate your father by doing what he would want for all of you, especially Bo.
Very respectfully, Neal

Thank you for sharing Lan. Your dads example impacted how I view the world. I am better man for each contact I had with him. I can think of no better way to describe his character. Love from my family to yours always.
-Drew

Thank you, Lan, for reaching out to us here to speak about your father. Please accept my condolences to you and Bo and your entire family.

As a BF Community member, I would like to offer my condolences to both you and yours. May the passage of time ease the pain of your loss and fill your hearts with the warmth which your Dad left behind and may your thoughts be full of fond memories (I did not know him or of him, but the threads about him are indicative of his copious humanity).

I didn't have much personal interaction with Bob, as many here had, and I wish I had. I have trouble remembering names, especially when a name has to go with a username, but it was easy to recognize BigBiscuit with his jolly avatar picture. I remember him being very welcoming and posting lots of great pictures and contributing a wealth to this forum.

Thank you for reaching out, Lan, and for sharing some more about one of the most beloved members on The Porch. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Thank you so much for your note Lan. Unfortunately I never interacted with Bob directly, but witnessed his passion, enthusiasm, friendship and kindness time and time again in his posts and interactions with everyone here on the "porch". Truly one of the "Good Guys"!
As I stated in another thread regarding Bob, I'm sure he's already got a seat on Heavens "porch".

My prayers and heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

I'm glad that you and your family got to come to the forum and have the chance to see what the people that had the good fortune to meet, know, and call your father friend had to say and share about Bob. And read some of the ways he touched so many with simple things ... and I'm sure you and your family cherished Bob and got to see the warm heart and genorosity that we got a small glimpse of and were lucky to have the oppoturnity to experience a bit of.

There aren't words to lessen the loss ... but hope and prayers that you all find peace and comfort in each other and knowing the joy Bob brought to this little corner of the world as I'm sure he did to all of you.

God bless and may Bob have the best rocker on the big ol porch he was welcomed home to recently ... as he watches over Bo and his family and friends that will miss him.

Back