1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

FRN clip repair?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Davidfs, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Davidfs

Davidfs

Jun 1, 2014
    I've got an older spyderco that had the frn molded clip, which broke. I've been just using it as my toolbox knife so the missing clip isn't a huge deal, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience repairing them? It's pinned not screw together too, so I figure I'm SOL but - no harm in asking!

2. Lee48

Lee48

Apr 29, 2005
  3. Davidfs

Davidfs

Jun 1, 2014
    Oh I didn't realize they would do that! Thanks :)

4. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member

Jul 21, 2004
    David, you can buy a metal clip from Spyderco and do it yourself. It comes with self-tapping screws. If you order one, be sure to tell them that it is for this application so you will get the right clip and screws. You may have to Dremel or file away the remnants of the old FRN clip in order to get a flat surface. Its been a while, but I think it cost in the $10 - $12 range.

[​IMG]

5. Sithus1966

Sithus1966

Jan 24, 2008
    When I sent my Merlin back to them years ago they just ground off the FRN nub and screwed a metal clip onto it.

[​IMG]

When my red Endura broke it's clip I just did it myself.

[​IMG]