FRN Stretch 2 in zdp-189

I am going to buy 2 vg10 stretch 2s tomorrow. One for a nephew and one for me to try out. I love a stretch and I love good choils. Vg10 is also my favorite EDC steel.

The stretch 2 is much taller and feels very different. The choil is an improvement for me but the taller grip is not. I will have to use the blade a while to decide whether I like it but I am pretty sure the stretch 1 is my prefrence.

The stretch 2 is much taller and feels very different. The choil is an improvement for me but the taller grip is not. I will have to use the blade a while to decide whether I like it but I am pretty sure the stretch 1 is my prefrence.

The stretch 2 appears to be very similar at a glance to the stretch 1, but I agree with you.

When I held the 2, it felt different enough to me that I would have guessed it was a totally different knife. The 1 is probably the most comfortable knife I've ever handled, the 2 doesn't fit my hand at all.

I really, really hope they bring back the 1. Maybe produce the 1 and the 2 both.

What are the major differences between the models? I always like putting aftermarket scales on my spydies... I'm assuming the older model scales don't fit the newer model?

The stretch 2 feels like a slim dallara to me. It is taller and has a more pronounced hump in the middle of the handle.

I actually like the taller blade and the taller handle. The rear pinky nub is gone and it fits me better than the Stretch 1 did.

JqhaAnU.jpg

Got my vg10 today. Suprised how big it is.....about the size of an endura, but a little taller.

What are the major differences between the models? I always like putting aftermarket scales on my spydies... I'm assuming the older model scales don't fit the newer model?

You are correct. The scales from a Stretch will not work on a Stretch 2. Here's a quick shot of a Stretch scale overlaid on a Stretch 2 with the pivot and lockbar pivot holes lined up...

Compare%20Stretch%20Handles.JPG

I noticed the S2 FRN pattern doesn't go up (packed) to the raised center logo like previous one. This is one of different things we look for when checking fake Endura 4. Can anyone (Deacon?) confirm?

Chris "Anagarika";17076743 said:
I noticed the S2 FRN pattern doesn't go up (packed) to the raised center logo like previous one. This is one of different things we look for when checking fake Endura 4. Can anyone (Deacon?) confirm?

There are certainly some differences in the way the bi-directional texturing pattern is laid out. Mostly due, I'm sure, to the differences in size and overall layout. So yes, it appears the texture does not go all the way up to the "waist" of the dog bone shaped logo.

FRN%20Stretch%20and%20Stretch%202%20Handle%20Compare.JPG

They look very similar, but feel so different. I just wonder why they would put a wider ricasso on the 2. Either way, I'm liking the 2 better than the 1 anyway!

Chris "Anagarika";17078361 said:
Thanks Deacon!
Can't use that to spot fakes, but OTOH, I haven't seen any Stretch fakes yet, so far.

Only ones I've seen were kind of easy to spot. :eek: :D

axis_stretch_open.JPG

I also prefer the 1

Back