From Maniago

Have they got buttons and springs??:rolleyes::cool:
They are traditional if you ask me!!;)

haha indeed they do charlie! :):D in fact i believe that type of knife has been a critical component in Italian history for centuries. At least the blade shape anyway!

haha indeed they do charlie! :):D in fact i believe that type of knife has been a critical component in Italian history for centuries. At least the blade shape anyway!

They've been posted here before Jack, certainly traditional I think :thumbsup:

Bellissimo!
Cheap and cheerful and not so cheap but still cheerful :cool:
Maniago 1.JPG

The "punch" on the Cable is a little different. Its cross section is a quarter circle with two flat sides. Stout and pointy, but no cutting edge. Kind of a cross between a punch and marlinspike. Anyway, it comes in handy :)
AntoniniMud-2.JPG

Last edited:
I think these are very traditional; even the ones with extra springs and buttons!!:cool:
Left and middle are Maniago-made; right is a modern tribute inspired by the old one! Blade shape for sure!:DButtons n bows 1.jpg
This last one was too long for my scanner!!:eek:Buttons n bows 2.jpg

The "punch" on the Cable is a little different. Its cross section is a quarter circle with two flat sides. Stout and pointy, but no cutting edge. Kind of a cross between a punch and marlinspike. Anyway, it comes in handy :)
View attachment 1519574

The knife pattern is actually German, but punches of this style are also seen on French knives :thumbsup:

I think these are very traditional; even the ones with extra springs and buttons!!:cool:
Left and middle are Maniago-made; right is a modern tribute inspired by the old one! Blade shape for sure!:DView attachment 1519610
This last one was too long for my scanner!!:eek:View attachment 1519611

Italian knives of this type were actually very common in Sheffield in the 70's. Various models were sold, made by a variety of firms, but the switch-blade springs would be removed to comply with the UK laws of the time. Nice collection Charlie :thumbsup:

20210210.jpg

Left and middle are Maniago-made; right is a modern tribute inspired by the old one! Blade shape for sure!:DView attachment 1519610
This last one was too long for my scanner!!:eek:View attachment 1519611

11 or 13 on that one Charlie :eek:

The one on the end needs an end cap!

Awhile back I was very into automatic stilettos and bought some comically large ones for fun. Its like the gigantic bowie knife, cheap junk steel but always a brings a chuckle when I take it out of the case :D

99mm Malga 6 Semi-Hobo with M-390 blade, removable G-10 scales, and crude sail makers needle. The SAK mini screw driver does not fit the corkscrew well. The pitch is too long, and the wire size is too large. Hard to show all the blades without contorting the springs.image.jpeg

Back