From Russia with Love

JAB

Can’t ReMember
Platinum Member
It seems that there’s been an uptick in Russian knife interest/aquisitions lately - so let’s see ’em! (I’d find it particularly interesting to see stuff from some of the lesser known makers in addition to all those wonderful Shiros, Cheburkovs, Sinkeviches, CKFs, etc.)

ZJJXQ6A.jpg

mVv3YFu.jpg

VLUstcF.jpg

Csb1x8n.jpg

jb499EM.jpg

dYhoPc0.jpg

mkLquwa.jpg

QrU3S7Y.jpg

Last edited:
Was wondering if the recent embargo on Soviet goods is going to effect getting these knives; wouldnt the importation of them come to a hault for the next year?

These pics are right on top as I carried this one today, but haven't posted these shots yet. Andrey Biryukov Sigma in orange-peel finished S125V. The handle milling came from the maker's workshop--the blue ano is by our friend WValtakis WValtakis along with a subsequent media blast to the Ti slabs yielding a contrast to the remaining hardware.

aALA1Wv.jpg

DGJEtE1.jpg

That's a Dmitry Sinkevich large Gaudi bead, BTW--more from the Motherland.

This one falls more in the usual category in terms of maker as it's a Custom Knife Factory piece, but you don't see many of this model around, though all CKFs are limited runs FWIW. This is the SSE with a very handsome fluted handle finish closely resembling Blackwash and a nicely stonewashed M390 blade. I had a couple pics left over after carrying and posting to the EDC thread so I'll add 'em here.

IvrKNyn.jpg

RjMdMga.jpg

I'm an exclusive Russian fixed blade adept (nothing against their folders, I'm just not into folders anymore). These fixed blade knives have been very good to me :
XJAeurV.jpg

8Mk3Wsh.jpg

NunzQPd.jpg

The booze is optional, it just happens to be there (only picture available, sorry).
All these are by A&R Zlatoust which makes currently, to my taste, the most pleasing knives.
However, I have this coming (as soon as available) from Kizlyar. The Dagestanskyi :
VwuAmmH.jpg

It was about time for a big knife !

I had a Toucan come through a couple years ago. It was very well done. I'd like to try some other Cheburkovs sometime.

I had a Toucan come through a couple years ago. It was very well done. I'd like to try some other Cheburkovs sometime.
That you should do, my friend. Every time I acquire another and every time I handle one of my now four Cheburkov's I become more impressed with Alex's workmanship, design features, and the overall value of his knives. I most certainly love my Shiro's, but IMO Cheburkov's bang for the buck is unsurpassed in the arena of high-end Russian folders.

Speaking of Shiro's, though, today finds me with my old school M390 orange G10 Hati on washers. If CRK made a flipper its action would be just like this one's.

EwImJAN.jpg

Last edited:
Just got this sweet bushcraft knife in.
vmH6R3p.jpeg

Made in Russia but called the America 2.0. 'Murica, f*** yea! This pattern is probably my favorite of their 3 main "bushcraft" knife patterns: Thorn, Bushcraft Classic, and America 2.0.

Quick impressions: extremely well built and actually a bit larger of a knife than I'd initially expected; sheath is a bit stiff, though, the quality of it seems pretty good. Does it cut? Yea, it cuts and feathersticks. The stock is a bit thick, so, while, yes this is a supremely capable knife for general camping and whatnot, I'd still probably use a Mora Classic No. 2 in actual camping because not only is the Mora thinner, the grind is more acute. It's too dang nice of a knife to use but also too dang nice of a knife NOT to use.

Might have to check out their B&T since it uses thinner stock and the final bevel is 22 degree instead of 30.

Highly recommend folks who enjoy fixies to check these out.

Last edited:
You guys need to google Maria Stalina and Nikolai Lomachenkov...
Some heavy hitters there.
This picture is from their website:

russian-knife-agrus.f74a76e3.jpg
I've checked out the Maria Stalina website from time to time and there's certainly some eye candy there, but what I enjoy most are the Russian serial production knives that reflect fine craftsmanship and design while providing me with sturdy and practical EDCs and work users. I carried my Cheburkov Scout this morning which has been more of an EDC for me if only because I've kept it a bit nicer than some that bear the scuffs and scratches of harder use like my Hati a few posts back.

4l7Vdj0.jpg

IIF40LF.jpg

Back