From the arcane world of knifemaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMK

BANNED
Correct photograph. I don't know anyone who can make a 13" bowie from a SawZall blade:)

IMG_0591_op_768x576.jpg

Last edited:
wlcome to bladeforums, your knives look vey good and well made. However, if your going to sell in the forums you should list specs and a price

Thanks for the tip - if I sell something - fine and if I don't sell anything that is also fine. If someone is interested enough, they will go to my website. thanks again.

... But this Is the "For Sale" section on THIS forum, perhaps a price would be appropriate, but it's your choice.

how did you shape the blade from the saw to the knife? I am thinking about a project like that, yet dont know where to start. can it be done without removing temper?

Moved from For Sale: Fixed Blades.
Knives for sale need a posted price for a specific knife.

"...grind without losing temper?" Sure, have water close by, be patient and keep it cool. Hold the knife in your bare hand while grinding so you can feel the heat.

Nice looking work. I edited your post to get the picture to show up.

taken from my website: Baby Chisos: 01 tool steel (58-60 Rc), scandi bevel, 5 1/2" OAL, blade 2" x 1" x 1/8" OR original SawZall blade, scandi bevel 2" X 1" X .062 canvas micarta or G10 bead blast handle, stainless/nickel silver solid or tube pins and lanyard tube and pocket sheath. Originally designed and fabricated from a Milwaukee SawZall blade (see prototype in gallery). I received lots of interest and decided to offer the Baby Chisos in a more refined version. 01 tool steel with kydex sheath $100, SawZall blade with laser engraving $90, SawZall blade without laser engraving $70 - both with kydex pocket sheath (includes shipping inside continental USA). A very good every day carry (EDC)/utility knife. This one can be taken anywhere...except to a gunfight. - available by order -http://www.bushmonkeyknives.com/index.html

Last edited:
angle grinder

I am investigating doing it by water jet in the very near future

Thank you for your well thought comments and questions. I don't know what the hardness is. I would like to know if there is any blade that is ~1/16 of an inch thick that can do what a sawzall blade can do. I think the answer to your question is in performance and not numbers. IMHO knives have become very complicated - "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." ~ Albert Einstein

Last edited:
I like your style. How much for the one shown and where are you located? I have wondered how a sawall blade would work for a leather knife. Red Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back