Front or Back Pocket EDC Carry - Why?

I'm guessing most enthusiasts front pocket carry. I do, but sure is comfortable in back pocket leaving front pocket free for miscellaneous stuff.

I say 8 to 1 in favor of front pocket with paranoia of losing knife as primary reason.

I can do back pocket carry when wearing 5.11 Tac Lite Pro pants, as the back pockets are roomy and sorta wrap around to the side just a little. But with jeans or other pants, its always front (left) pocket. I just don't like sitting on the knife. I carry a lot of EDC stuff in my pockets, so am always looking for the most efficient way of arranging things.

I carry back pocket when I golf but that's it. Its comfortable and just as easy to get to I just don't like sitting on my knife.

I guess I'm just a little bit different because I actually do both... I typically have my m390 PM2 (setup for rh tip up carry) in the front right pocket. That keeps the spine of the blade against the seam of the pocket so that you don't experience an accidental opening. I also carry a larger folder (emerson cqc10, hogue ex01, etc) in my left rear pocket... I do that for the same reason, if the knife is setup for right hand tip up carry, the left rear pocket will place the spine of the knife against the seam of the pocket.

I carry all of my knives in front right with the sole exception of the military which rides in the back right pocket.

I carry in my back right pocket while at work(so I don't scratch any cars) and I carry in my front pocket while at home and in public. Sometimes I carry 2 knives and have them both in each back pocket.

I needed more pocket space so I started carrying LRP because it uses the same clip setup. What did I use that extra space for? Another knife of corse. I carry a larger knife LRP and a 3" knife RFP.

I've always been a RFP, tip-up type of guy. I can do very few things with my left hand accurately and typing stewardesses is one of them.

I never liked carrying back pocket, i once teared up my leather sofa and bent my clip on spyderco ppt that snagged into the sofa as i want to get up. I always carry my knife clipped in my right front pocket. Exception is for when i carry fixed blades, using the sharpshooter pocket knife sheath...

I don t like sitting on my wallet. I sure don t like sitting on my knife. IWB for me.

I tend to clip to my front right pocket with something smaller in a chest or change pocket, usually a Dfly or my treasured SS ladybug.

At least half the time I unclip the larger one and keep it in a backpack. Anyone else keep their main knife not on their person?

Front Right Pocket tip UP only.

1. With a Spyder hole or a ZT flipper it makes it easy for me to deploy the blade in a few ways.
2. The pocket makes sure the blade will not open.
3. I hate having a wallet in my back pocket, I dont need a knife in the Butt.

If I have a tip down knife, I would prefer having it in the back pocket. Or if I'm carrying my waved Matriarch 2, I prefer it sitting in my back right pocket. Right next to my wallet...

Otherwise, I prefer front pocket.

I always carry RFP, tip up. I don't like a knife in the same pocket as my wallet as it makes it difficult taking either one out.

Front right pocket for me. I sit all night at work and I dont want to be sitting on my knife. I forgot that most guys keep their wallets in their back pockets...haha When I moved to Vegas a while ago, one of the first things I learned was to keep your wallet/money in your front pocket. Pretty much everyone I know here carries a money clip/small wallet in their front pocket.

I've been carrying a knife loose in my back pocket virtually every day for over 60 years now and haven't lost one yet. I'd been doing it for 50 when I first learned of Spyderco, and thus of knives with pocket clips. Tried clipped carry shortly after getting my first Spyderco. Within a week I'd scratched the wooden arm of a chair and keyed someone's car in the parking garage at work. Went back to what I knew worked. Since then, with the exception of when I was "test driving" the Manix 2 prototype a few years back, the only knives I ever carry clipped are autos, and I'm extra careful when I do. Knife rides in my left back pocket, wallet in the right, so no conflict there.

Knife in back right pocket. Wallet in front right pocket. Unless it's a small knife without a clip, then that goes on a belt slip-sheath.

Back