• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

FS: 2 x David Farmer fixed blades, Joe Calton EDC, unknown necker

Hi Bladeforums, been a while since I posted or listed anything for sale, but I've decided to sell a couple of fixed blades I've had in my collection for several years that haven't seen use. I do not know all the details about each knife, and I'm betting forum members can help me fill in the gaps in my knowledge about them, but I'll list them out and offer them up for sale. All have sheaths included as pictured. Prices listed include shipping and PP fees (if used). Know your local laws. First definitive post by timestamp gets rights.

First I have two David Farmer fixed blades. The first was sold as a Primitive model, the second is more of an EDC that has the handle hammered out into shape. Both are L6 steel (Farmer signature steel and edge), here are pics:

Primitive with dangler type sheath ($175):

EDC with pouch type sheath ($125):

Buy both Farmers and keep them together ($250)

Joe Calton EDC with pouch type sheath ($150):

(unknown) forum maker neck knife with Kydex sheath. This was made as a custom order with stabilized madrone burl that I supplied. Really sorry, I cannot find any post/emails etc to remember the specific maker. This does have some wear on the blade due to sheathing. ($100)

Last edited:
Sorry I cannot find any info on the necker or I would be happy to share if I did - believe me. I recall this being a carbon steel such as 1095 but could be very wrong. I have maintained a thin layer of oil during storage so it shows no signs of rust etc. It is a very tight grain structure with a good polish so it could well be something like 52100 stainless, but I've always treated it as carbon steel so that is my best guess.

That Calton is beautiful can you tell me the thickness of the blade at spine and steel type?

Back