• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

FS: Black and Green G10 Satin Waki, 650 shipped

md02geist

Gold Member
First one is black and blue g10 handles, second one is green and black g10 handles, last one is black and tan.

Asking 665 shipped.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, these are SR-101 that I believe is differentially tempered and has been satin polished. The handles are all g-10.

Yes, these are SR-101 that I believe is differentially tempered and has been satin polished. The handles are all g-10.

Wakis are through-hardened. FYI, if they were differentially tempered, you would be able to see a Hamon with the Satin finish. :thumbup:

Wakis are through-hardened. FYI, if they were differentially tempered, you would be able to see a Hamon with the Satin finish. :thumbup:

Sorry but all my research on this subject (lots and lots of Google-Fu, mostly leading right back to bladeforums) tells me to the contrary; that the waki is differentially hardened.

I don't know whether the satin polish would in effect camouflage the hamon or not, but I'm reading time and again that these are differentially hardened swords. I am however going to ask Swamp Rat directly.

That's not correct. They were supposed to be DHT, but ended up being through-hardened upon release. There is a lot of false info out there saying otherwise, but the one time we got info straight from the horse's mouth (pretty sure it was on the old Swamp site), they said through hardened.

I would be extremely interested if you are told otherwise.

When they let me know, I'll let you know. :)

Regardless they are badass blades and these are just ever so barely marked up, they're *very* close to cost especially once you figure in shipping and insurance being paid for.

Back