• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

FS : Cold Steel Magnum Tanto IX San Mai III

Up for grabs is my Cold Steel Magnum Tanto IX. I've had this tanto for quite a while now. Specifications:
Blade Length: 9"
Overall Length:14 5/8"
Steel:VG-1/San Mai III®
Weight:11.9 oz
Blade Thickness: 3/16"
Handle:5 5/8" Long Kray-Ex™
Sheath:Black Leather Sheath

This blade is in new condition, as the sheath has what I consider to be less than normal wear for how long I've had it. Looking for $300 Shipped CONUS with tracking.

Questions can be sent to Thorcr80@yahoo.com or pm here.

1RZlgAF.jpg

F2URwC0.jpg

QzX5umT.jpg

5suZguH.jpg

PQBeBgh.jpg

Last edited:
I belive that a fake dude... whoever sold it to you.. thats a chinese sheath.. and the san mai line on the balde doesn look like real san mai

http://coldsteelforums.com/m178541-print.aspx
I appreciate the looking out, but I personally know the entire history of this blade. This was bought from directly from Cold Steel years ago, back when they were still available to buy straight from them. I'll still do some looking into it because I feel obligated to when someone who may know more than I thinks something is fake, but again, the entire history of this blade is known. Thank you, and I'll do some research.

Last edited:
I don't know whether it's genuine or not but, I certainly wasn't aware Spyderco ever sold Cold Steel knives. Learn something everyday I s'pose.

I don't know whether it's genuine or not but, I certainly wasn't aware Spyderco ever sold Cold Steel knives. Learn something everyday I s'pose.
I am very sorry, I made a typo. It was bought directly from cold Steel, not spyderco. I've been dealing with spyderco so much the past couple days it's stuck in my head.

No way baby! Thats the real deal... Some years ago I bought the exact same knife and another model from Cold Steel, when you could still purchase directly from them... They both came with the same style sheath....

That does not appear fake to me. It is true that the San Mai hamon is usually wavier, but that varies from knife to knife. The grinds, makers marks, and overall fit and finish look legit.

Back