• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

FS: Survive! GSO 4.7, Becker BK9, Gollik 6" Survival, Levi Smith 9" Custom Recurve Chopper

I'm clearing out some space, and have the following for sale (see bottom of post for sale details please!):

Survive! GSO 4.7, Cru-Forge V steel, factory 2nd
Used, Excellent condition.
$SOLD

Some minor glossing of the cerakote from use, but no other coating wear. Comes with original box & sheath, and all contents that came in the box from Survive! (torx bit, anti-vibration fastener goop packet, sticker, etc.). Blade is in excellent shape, and extremely sharp! I was never able to figure out why S! kicked this one down to factory-second — it's a superb knife, and came from them absolutely immaculate, without any identifiable (by me) defects.

Kydex sheath has minor damage from accidentally leaning against a hot pan in camp - it's superficial, not through the kydex, and didn't affect the sheath other than cosmetically. Can be seen in photos.

full

full

full

full

full

--------

Kabar/Becker BK9
Used, very good condition, modified.
$220 ---reduced---> $180

Factory coating has been stripped, and patina applied. Stock handles replaced with Micarta. Stock sheath replaced with an AZWelke taco sheath w. leather drop-loop, excellent condition. Also comes with stock sheath, unused. Edge has no damage, and is razor sharp.

Not much I can say about the BK9 that hasn't already been said a bazillion times on the internet. This baby's a workhorse, and if you need a fantastic chopper with great ergonomics and a great sheath, at a great price, this setup's for you.

full

full

full

full

full

--------

Levi Smith Custom Recurve Chopper, 9" blade, 1095 Steel w. hamon, kydex sheath.
Excellent Condition — minor superficial scuffing on the blade-face from the kydex, no other damage or wear... otherwise as-new.
$SOLD

Bought from Levi Smith, a maker here on the forum. This knife is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind piece, and is a mean chopping machine. Handle ergos, choil, and grind towards the base of the blade also make for excellent control in finer tasks — very versatile, comfortable, and overall just feels lively and fantastic in the hand. Blade is differentially-hardened, with visible hamon.

Handle is both comfortable and beautiful, and is a composite of two different types of micarta, and carbon-fibre, and the scales also have liners. Carbon-fibre pins and lanyard tube.

I've added a leather retention-strap to the sheath — just some old leather belt and a bit of hardware to keep the blade secured (not really necessary — the sheath's got a very firm "click" around the knife, but with such a big knife, I like a bit of overkill). Can be very easily removed if you like.

full

full

full

full

full

--------

Gollik "SLSR Survival Knife", 6" Heavy-duty drop-point knife, Sleipner steel.
Excellent condition — used, but barely so.
$SOLD

Bought from a maker here on the forum (Gollik), in the maker's marketplace area. This is an awesome mid-sized knife with a very heavy-duty blade — 1/4" thick, but very slicey thanks to its wide blade and full-flat grind. Edge on it is spooky-sharp, and it holds it extremely well. Professional heat-treatment protocol w. cryo stage, according to the maker, and it performs very well. Comes with original sheath, and firesteel w. matching micarta handle, and sheath has firesteel loop to carry it.

full

full

full

full

full

-------

First "I'll take it" for each of the knives accompanied by a PM to me to make payment & shipping arrangements claims it, pending payment.

All knives ship from British Columbia, Canada, via. Canada Post/USPS. Shipping costs to be determined depending on which knife & destination. I'll ship anywhere in Canada & US. Happy to work with you to determine shipping options/price-points, as I'm around the corner from the post-office, and it's convenient for me to go make inquiries.

Payment will be via Paypal Goods & Services — non-negotiable.

Sincere thanks for looking!!
Tim

Last edited:
Great price on the CFV 4.7, I've never understood some of the defined 2nds as well. The only thing I was aware of with a few of the CFV's were very slight warping due to the heat treatments with that particular steel. They (SKs) switched mine out and then Jordyn or Ellie mentioned it later that some of those experienced it but honestly would have no influence on function or performance. Someone's going to get a good deal here, GLWS!

I'll take the Cru-V 4.7.
Hi there!

Member charlie2times posted above, and also PM'd me earlier expressing interest and requesting photos earlier today, due to the thread photos not loading properly. On account of the photos issue earlier, I'm going to wait to hear back from him first — you're next-up if he doesn't take it :)

Great price on the CFV 4.7, I've never understood some of the defined 2nds as well. The only thing I was aware of with a few of the CFV's were very slight warping due to the heat treatments with that particular steel. They (SKs) switched mine out and then Jordyn or Ellie mentioned it later that some of those experienced it but honestly would have no influence on function or performance. Someone's going to get a good deal here, GLWS!

Yep, I remember the warping issue being discussed, I think. This one does not suffer from that, fortunately :)

No contact on the Gollik, so letting it go to another buyer; SOLD

Levi Smith Chopper SOLD also!

Last edited:
I apologize, I wasn't able to access my personal messages from work, but I am able to post messages. Hence the "I'll take it post". I just now followed up in PM to request payment information because I'm unable to access my personal messages at work. This message is going out 2 hours and 23 minutes from my post of I'll take it, per your instructions.

First "I'll take it" for each of the knives claims it, pending payment — please also PM me to make payment & shipping arrangements.

This is insufficient timing for you ? I responded 2 hours later with a PM, I'm a bit disappointed with this sales process, and your response. It's not what you typically experience on bladeforums.

Regards,

Last edited:
I apologize, I wasn't able to access my personal messages from work, but I am able to post messages. Hence the "I'll take it post". I just now followed up in PM to request payment information because I'm unable to access my personal messages at work. This message is going out 2 hours and 23 minutes from my post of I'll take it, per your instructions.

First "I'll take it" for each of the knives claims it, pending payment — please also PM me to make payment & shipping arrangements.

This is insufficient timing for you ? I responded 2 hours later with a PM, I'm a bit disappointed with this sales process, and your response. It's not what you typically experience on bladeforums.

Regards,

Apologies, L. Taylor, if we got our wires crossed — I'm not terribly experienced selling on here, and how things "typically" go, and if I've contravened your expectations, I'm sorry about that. I thought my initial post was clear about wanting to see a personal message in tandem with a message in the thread, and I misunderstood your lack of contact as a lack of interest, and didn't receive any message from you until ~45 minutes ago, which is over 4 hours later. Sincerely sorry you're disappointed, as that was definitely not my intention.

As a small consolation, I do believe that Gollik is pretty active, and sells his new creations regularly, and his prices are pretty great considering the quality of his knives.

All the best,
Tim

I've updated the instructions in the PM to clarify my parameters for the sale. Sorry again for any confusion, L. Taylor.

My expectation was that my "I'll take it" held the knife pending payment, there wasn't a time established for a PM. Perhaps I should have been more clear and provided a time that I intended to send a PM upfront. I read your post and replied accordingly, so this is now sold completely ? And unavailable ?

Back