• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

FS - Used Benchmade 417 Fact

Important info has been bolded, but please read the post in its entirety!

Hi all! I'm just continuing to move a few of my lesser used knives to make some more room in my collection for some upcoming stuff I'm looking to grab as well as help fund said stuff!

Today I'm looking to get sell my Benchmade 417 Fact. There's nothing functionally wrong with this Black Class beauty and I love the design knife, but I like to use my knives and I've found the sharp spear point blade shape isn't the best choice for the kinds of cutting tasks I tend to perform so I'm letting it go! I've brought it to work and used it a few times, but I consider it to be in very good to excellent condition First, some quick specs (from Benchmade):

-3.95" S30V spearpoint blade (satin)
-4.77" closed length
-Weight is 3.24oz. (~92g.)
-Black anodized aluminum handle

Specifics relevant to mine:
-Moderately used; I've only brought it to work 2 or 3 times and haven't really used it beyond that, but I work outdoors in a lumber yard where I cut a variety of materials so take from that what you will
-Hard to see unless you're looking very closely, but the tip has been rounded ever so slightly from use
-Under certain lighting, you can see some small and faint scratches on the liners on the underside of the knife, mostly towards the rear (the pocket clip) end of the knife; they are hard to see unless you're really looking for them, but in the interest of full disclosure, they are there
-Blade grind appears to be even to my naked eye
-Centering is pretty much dead center; the blade may favour the clip slide (right-hand carry) ever so slightly with how it's currently tuned (although I've since adjusted the action/pivot tightness from the factory)
-Speaking of action, I've adjusted it from the factory so it is currently free dropping although this is at the cost of a little bit of horizontal blade play; I can't detect any vertical blade play
-There is a wear mark on the stop pin from opening/using the knife (a horizontal line)
-Does not have a factory edge; I've cut things with it and touched up the edge on my sharpmaker a few times
-If it matters to you, I've kept the knife pretty clean and maintained it in the short time I've had it
-I'm the original owner and the knife comes with the box, pouch, papers etc.

Pictures are available here

I'm asking $190 $175, but I will also entertain offers, though I feel that I've priced this pretty fairly. I'm also not looking for any trades at this time. If you're going to make an offer other than the posted price, please either PM me or leave a vistor's message on my profile. I'll accept payment either by EMT or by Paypal (G&S only); same price for either payment method (I pay the PP fees). Shipping is included which will be by Canada Post Xpresspost and will include tracking, signature confirmation on delivery, and insurance.

First "I'll take it" posted in the thread or by PM/VM gets it. After that, I'll expect to have the funds within 24 hours of the post, after which the claim will expire and whoever's next in line gets a chance at it.

Miscellaneous Info:
- I live on the West Coast and work some early mornings, so replies/messages/email after about 10:00pm Vancouver time might not be answered until the following day
- I can work long hours and I don't work at a desk, so I'll try my best to respond quickly to any queries and such, but I may not be able to always respond right away.
- After purchase, please contact me within 5 days of receiving the knife if you're unhappy with it in any way for a full refund. If I don't hear from you either way after that time period, I'll assume you're satisfied with it.
- If you need more pictures or have any other questions, just ask! I'll be happy to accomodate!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Hello I am interested! However id like to see some pictures. Could u please email me at ianchen9449 at gmail dot com? Thanks a lot!

Hello I am interested! However id like to see some pictures. Could u please email me at ianchen9449 at gmail dot com? Thanks a lot!

Hi there! Thanks for your interest; there should be a hyperlink in the original post to some pictures or you can use this link here: https://i.imgur.com/GHRo52X.jpg
If you would like some additional pictures or anything else, just let me know!

Back