Full convex BK2????

19-3ben

Gold Member
I don’t know why, but I’ve been playing with the idea of getting a BK2 just to do a full height convex job on it. I feel like with that much meat on the knife, you’ve got a lot of material to work with, but I don’t know if that would be a benefit or a hinderance to performance.

What do you guys think? Any real foreseeable benefits to doing so? Any reason not to?

I’m open to any thoughts, comments, questions, dirty jokes, or anything else you come up with.

Why not :D the 2 is a sweet cool knife ! It's a little hefty :rolleyes: but it also can do many things you wouldn't expect a knife that thick could do :thumbsup: I would say get one use it as is see what you think if you like it go for it :) sounds like lot of work :thumbsup:
IMG_3428.JPG
Do me favor if you get a 2 first thing go chop with it :D it blows me away how well a Knife so short can chop so well . Splits well to :thumbsup: Damm! now I'am all fired up and wanting a 10" 2 :p I still dig the mighty 2 !

Last edited:
83489eff0c8ed6dd310ac5068789-is-shameless-self-promotion-necessary-to-be-a-successful-artist-or-musician.jpg

I've never tackled anything like that before, but it definitely has some meat on it. Btw, just put one up fs. :)

I keed. I keed. ;)

Any thoughts on how a full convex vs. the saber grind would affect performance? Cutting? Batonning? Chopping?

I love the full convex on my Fallkniven F1, but obviously the much larger, heavier, thicker BK2 would have different geometry so I'm trying to gauge and at least take a SWAG at how the performance might translate into the package before I invest the money and time in the project.

I think it all depends on what you are going to do . If chopping and splitting is high on your list I think the convex edge is stronger and less prone to chip or roll. If you want it a to slice better the thinner edge wins . Just my opinion :rolleyes:

I like this edge,I call it sharp :) it does good for a thick hunk of steel :D
IMG_3736.JPG

Last edited:
Xr6x Xr6x
You really do excellent mod fluff and buff work on your knives. Damned impressive...

Xr6x Xr6x
You really do excellent mod fluff and buff work on your knives. Damned impressive...
Thank You 19-3ben :) it's a quirk I have to have things the way I like em :confused: unfortunately it's not just knives :eek: keeps me busy when I'am not busy :p.

Last edited:
Damm! now I'am all fired up and wanting a 10" 2

I've been asking for a stretched BK2 for a while now, but seem to be screaming into the wind. Long enough to be able to baton through thicker logs AND chop better, but with no swedge to eat into a baton. I dont even need 10", because at that point it's just a froe. I'm thinking a 7". Imagine a BK7 but 1/4" thick with no swedge. It'd be awesome!

Last edited:
I did a full convex on a bk2 a few years ago. It’s an easy blade to convex because it’s a pretty shallow transition from the flats to the grind. You probably won’t notice any difference in chopping/splitting performance, but it is a cool mod on a cool knife

I've been asking for a stretched BK2 for a while now, but seem to be screaming into the wind. Long enough to be able to baton through thicker logs AND chop better, but with no swedge to eat into a baton. I dont even need 10", because at that points it's just a froe. I'm thinking a 7". Imagine a BK7 but 1/4" thick with no swedge. It'd be awesome!
You're not alone..
I would be all over an elongated bk2!
Please make it a BK 2-7 to and/or BK 2-10.
I honestly would be much happier with a Bk 2-7 :thumbsup: That wish hasn't happened figured shoot the the moon for a 10". I thought I heard a rumor bringing back a 20/29 just a rumor :rolleyes:. I know I would prefer a large BK2 style blade over the others. The simple Saber drop point style is my all time favorite ;)

i had the pleasure of having Jerry Fisk show me how to do his "fisking procedure" on my BK2 - it looks like a badger now, but it removed the major high spots and as a benefit is essentially convexed, and RAZOR sharp now. crazy cool.

i had the pleasure of having Jerry Fisk show me how to do his "fisking procedure" on my BK2 - it looks like a badger now, but it removed the major high spots and as a benefit is essentially convexed, and RAZOR sharp now. crazy cool.
Have any photos of it?

Dont feel bad, all things in due time! I just have laid my hands on a 9, and as they say, you can't not have a 9. :)

Thanks again man, all you guys are great! It really feels good going to a good home and getting some beckerhead love!

o_O That sounds kinda weird, but hey, you know what I mean. Lol

Back