• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Full Tang Tanto (SOLD)

Igneous_Edged_Tools

KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello everyone,

I am reposting this Tanto, I know it is on the pricier side as bigger knives usually are. Hopefully this price drop (Was $375 now $325) might allow it to fit more into someones price range and get her sold successfully this time. Please send an offer if you have one, I can't go too low as this blade was pretty time consuming to make. As always feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

This is a full tang tanto concept we’ve had for awhile that we finally decided to make. Antique train spring steel was used and pulled a very nice hamon close to the edge to maximize durability on the spine and sharpness retention on the edge. This blades edge geometry is the first to ever genuinely scare me with it’s sharpness.

Blade Features

Handle Material: Walnut

Blade Material: Differentially Heat Treated Antique Train Spring Steel [Over 100 years old laminated steel]

- Hand-Forged Blade With Minimal Stock Removal

- 400 Grit Hand Rubbed & Acid Washed Finish

-Brass Pin Stock

-Brute De Forged Flats

-Shavin Sharp

- Mainly flat grind with slight convex to support the edge

|OAL:14 1/4”|Blade:9 1/4”|Handle:4 ¾ (3 ½ Useable)”|Thickness:1/4" (with distal taper)|

-Holstex Sheath

Note on sheath: Our holstex sheath is essentially free as we do not consider it when pricing our knives. We included it to make shipping safer and provide a basic and very effective tech-lock compatible carry option for our users. We like to focus on what we are good at, bladesmithing, and leave sheath making up to another more skilled maker of your choosing.

Price: 325$ (Includes Free USPS Priority Shipping for CONUS & Covers any other transaction fees) [Offers are considered]

[International shipping costs an additional $20 (Total:$345) ]

[Price listed here is special and may differ from our website pricing]

Please make sure the useable handle length is at least a little greater than the width of your palm before deciding to purchase.

If you are interested in purchasing or have any questions please feel free to contact me at igneousedgedtools@gmail.com . You can also send me a private message on here as well however I am sometimes not notified so if there is any delay in my response please send me an email. Thanks for looking!

FullSizeRender.JPEG
IMG_3199.JPEG
IMG_3197.JPEG
IMG_3195.JPEG
IMG_3194.JPEG
IMG_3193.JPEG

You should make an aluminum version with ratty sheath and send it to The Walking Dead I bet they'd use it as a prop knife for some baddie!

Back