Fully integral knife.

Hello everybody.
First of all, I would like to introduce myself and hope this is the right way to do it with creating a thread in this place and show some pictures of my work.
My name is Kilian Kreutz and I come from Germany, living in a small village in an area called "Sauerland".
In the age of 12 years I forged my first arrowhead, heating the steel in a small forge my father bought and shaping the steel on an old anvil from my great grandfather.
From this moment on I knew what I want to become - "a blacksmith".
I finished my education in the year 2006 and completed it with the qualification to a master craftsman in 2008. Since then I have my own forge and work self-employed.
And now I would like to show you some of my knifes. :)

Here is one I forged in the year 2016.

The knife in the pictures has about following dimensions:
Lenghts over all: 246 mm
Blade length: 136 mm
Handle lenght: 110 mm

Thanks for watching!
Best regards,
Kilian
ps: Please excuse my not perfect englisch. :)

Attachments

• DSC_3216 (1024x683) (800x534).jpg
    DSC_3216 (1024x683) (800x534).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC_3175 (1024x683) (800x534).jpg
    DSC_3175 (1024x683) (800x534).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC_3192 (1024x683) (800x534).jpg
    DSC_3192 (1024x683) (800x534).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 330
  • DSC_3168 (683x1024) (534x800).jpg
    DSC_3168 (683x1024) (534x800).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 336
Very nice sir! And a unique design. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
You may get more of a audience on the custom subforum.

Hello everybody.
First of all, I would like to introduce myself and hope this is the right way to do it with creating a thread in this place and show some pictures of my work.
My name is Kilian Kreutz and I come from Germany, living in a small village in an area called "Sauerland".
In the age of 12 years I forged my first arrowhead, heating the steel in a small forge my father bought and shaping the steel on an old anvil from my great grandfather.
I finished my education in the year 2006 and completed it with the qualification to a master craftsman in 2008. Since then I have my own forge and work self-employed.

Thanks for watching!
Best regards,
Kilian
Outstanding work, Hr Kreutz! Welcome!

Zieg

Welcome, that is the work of a master craftsman indeed.

I have to ask about the pin. Is it possible it is integral as well or made from the billet stock ?

That is some fantastic work. The plunge lines are amazing. Welcome to Bladeforums, we look forward to seeing more!

Hello knife friends!
Thank you very much for your friendly welcome and your words! I'm glad!
And nice that you like my work!

FOG2 FOG2 : Thanks for the piece of information.
3fifty7 3fifty7 : I made this pin separately of the damascus billet and put it through the drilled hole.
I hope I understand your question right and gave you the information you would like to know. :)

Have a good day, folks!
Best regards,
Kilian

Beautiful work, Killian. I'm impressed how the tang and the bolsters are seamless. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Very nice as I do like integral knives but not many makers will make them or specialize in making them. I'd like to see more of your integral sheath knives in the future. :thumbsup:

Hello everybody.

Thanks for watching!
Best regards,
Kilian

this is absolutely the most perfect knife i have seen in maybe years. great work.

Hi Atepac.
Thanks for your interest in my work!
I'm sorry, but this knife got it's new owner already some time ago.

All the best,
Kilian

Back