Recommendation? Fully serrated

Is there a fully serrated Spyderco that isn’t in H1? Maybe a tougher Steel. Something like S30V and above? Utility style blade. Pacific Salt size maybe.

H1 is much tougher than S30V...

To answer your question yes, there are many knives in SE that are not H1. A lot in S30V and VG10

For pac salt size I'd go with a SE Endura in VG10, the knife the Pac Salt was based off of :thumbsup:

Is there a fully serrated Spyderco that isn’t in H1? Maybe a tougher Steel. Something like S30V and above? Utility style blade. Pacific Salt size maybe.

Because it work hardens while the serrations are being made H1 is supposed to be one of the best steels for serrations.

Try the Spyderco serrated Police in VG10 maybe? Or maybe try a Serrated Endura in VG10.

I didn’t realize all those models were available in full serrated. I only mentioned s30v because it seems like the beginning of more expensive Spyderco start there.
I love my pacific salt. I’m just curious.

OK I have an old Spyder I can fully recommend that really performs awesome in Spyderedge. I won't go into details but a few years back I was given a job where I was 99% sure that I was going to destroy one of my knives doing it. I went to my footlocker and found a full SE NATIVE model with 440V blade steel that I had owned for a while but at that time I hadn't used it a lot. So I thought I would use it for a sacrificial lamb so to speak fully believing that I was going to destroy the knife.

However two days later and with the job almost completely done I was amazed that the 440V, full SE NATIVE wasn't even hurt much at all. With the blade needing two thorough sharpening jobs during the ordeal that was the only setback I had. I still own and occasionally use that 440V, full SE NATIVE (GOLDEN made) and I swear by 440V as being one of the better blade steels for Spyderedged blades.

Some of the other steels Spyderco has used over the years for their great Spyderedged serrations are AUS-8, ATS-55, MBS-26 and the older GIN-1. Now I find that VG-10 is one of the few blade steels that excels in both edge types. But AUS-8 and ATS-55 I've had excellent luck with but 440V is truly one of the toughest steels for serrations I ever used>> you can't go wrong with any of those 3. Let us know what you decide on and how it works for you?

I am also looking for a fully serrated spyderco folder. Between Endura and the new Caribbean, which one to go? The knife will mainly be used for processing fish. Or maybe there is a better one for this task?

I am also looking for a fully serrated spyderco folder. Between Endura and the new Caribbean, which one to go? The knife will mainly be used for processing fish. Or maybe there is a better one for this task?

I would think something in H1 or LC200N would be best. Something in the Salt line or the Caribbean. Lots of choices. What size and what blade shape you want should narrow down your options.

Sounds like I’m all set then unless I just get a different salt for giggles.
Here’s mine;

YsS1Hp1.jpg

I have a PM2 which is fully serrated -- love it! Also have the Endura and Police in full serrated, but they are both VG-10. That said, both steels have been great.

If you're looking for a knife for giggles now. Get a spyderhawk, A complete pocket hog, but I do chuckle every time I open it.

5jvecCh.jpg

I'll say go for the Endura/Pac Salt. While the Caribbean is a badass blade no doubt, it seems pretty tall (edge to spine). I could possibly see that getting in the way when you're working on a fish. I guess it depends on how big the fish are! :D

The Lil Native is fantastic fully serrated blade. Highly recommended if you favor a smaller knife!

After heaRing me whine about how bad I wanted another serrated Spyderco my buddy Craig sent me this little guy. Had some stuff on the blade I cleaned off. He ground off the stupid karabiner thingy.

3naOZRs.jpg

With my PS
dUAjZAW.jpg

Back