Fun Friday Sale! EDC Beaters!

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Moving the machining center in... Jo says: "Nate, weren't you going to have a sale today?"

I'm posting this and locking so you can read and view pictures without being in a hurry. This will unlock at 3:00 Eastern time.

Three knives today. But these are rough blems with black rust oxide shmoo and scratches and dents. They're just awful, simply awful. We didn't even attempt to remove tools marks from the flats. They're rough. Think of it as contrast? Because they're so rough and so awful we're going to offer them at a little bit of a discount.

I'm selling these like this because we had these blems that needed some love and they're completely functional and should be perfect for those who want something they can use without fearing messing it up. If you want something that has fantastic geometry, a relatively thin edge, great ergos and an amazing super steel with outstanding edge retention and edge stability in a nearly unbreakable rust resistant package this is your knife! If you want something highly polished and perfect, run away.

pkYrFYc.jpg

M0RBB1m.jpg

vGccID9.jpg

UWfRTJn.jpg

jhI1JvU.jpg

mMRsqOb.jpg

aEIsfcF.jpg

jSe9yPh.jpg

Awful aren't they? I don't even know why someone would buy such an ugly thing. You probably shouldn't. Just walk away...

Specs:
Manually ground by aging great apes to 220 grit belt finish
Delta 3V, HRC 62, .145” thick at ricasso
Total length 7.6
Blade length 3.3
Weight 4.9 oz
Edge angle 18 DPS
.025" BTE
Grippy 3D machined scales in micarta or G10
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners
Hidden lanyard

Choice of vertical or horizontal Kydex sheath made by Dan Crotts of Dozier Knives. You can add an extra sheath for $50.

Be aware the horizontal sheath has very high retention. You can't remove the knife by pulling straight back, you have to tilt it up at the same time. See video. If you want something that's easy to get in and out of you should choose the vertical pouch sheath.

Rather than just take my word for it I made a video:

[video=youtube;zC_-PIFw-KA]

A video illustrating the sheath options:

[video=youtube;HiG_KqF06KY]

These are all ugly AF”, “as machined” and stonewashed with tool, grind and dent marks, burned in acid and tumbled within an inch of their life. If you receive your knife and can't find a flaw on it, you can return it and I'll add flaws to it for you until you're comfortable just using it.

$230 in canvas micarta, natural
$240 in black, OD green, G10

....I think some other colors too, ask Jo.....

Shipping in the USA is $12.
Includes a good kydex sheath, choose vertical or horizontal. An extra sheath is $50

I take paypal, cash, check or MO.

Jo will contact you via PM or email over the next few days. Emails though BF often get lost in spam filters. If you don't hear from her by mid week please contact Jo on her PM, or send us an email at jocarothers at g mail dought com

If there is interest in this we'll do a few more for next Friday.

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Damn the bad refresh!

One in G10 please

Was number 2 on the initial refresh. Refreshed again and was bumped! Feeding frenzy :D:rolleyes:

Back