Fun Friday Sale! Who wants to be a guinea pig!

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Opens at 5:00 eastern time

Please do not buy this without reading and understanding this first.

This sale is not open to the general public. This sale is only open to folks who have and use one of the original Field Knives and agree to use this knife when they receive it. This knife is for sale for $260. <--- these prototypes cost a lot more than that to make. The purpose of making these and getting them out into the wild is to get feedback from users who already have a first generation Field Knife and can provide feedback to me about this design. We're dialing it in and we want your input too. So we're looking for guinea pigs.
Also, be aware these are prototypes and are rough. They're hand ground by an alcoholic monkey with aging vision and advanced ataraxia. They're rough folks. There are tool and grind marks we wouldn't normally send out. There are scratches and bad words. Don't buy this knife, you probably don't want it.
One knife is for sale here, we'll post the other next week.

Specs:
9.5" total length
4 5/8" blade length
8.0 ounces
Delta 3V
.188" thick
20 DPS
HRC60
burlap micarta (buffed or unbuffed)

21.jpg~original

22.jpg~original

23.jpg~original

Field Knife 2 (The Utility Field Knife) prototype (rough), no sheath, $260

Shipping $12

Thanks,
Nathan and crew

Wait, Gusbuster uses his knives...?

I’m shocked - shocked - to hear that knife use is going on in the Gusbuster household...! :eek:

Congrats Gus!

He wants to stab the large possum who shows up in his backyard late at nights to steal his cat's food. So here is the scenario:

Gus will use the UF which he got in todays sale to stab / kill that possum and will use the proto FK2 to field dress that critter. I really hope that Nathan & Co enjoy Cuban style possum kebob because Gus is gonna send 'em some :D

Congrats Gus!

This model would be a cool pass around project. Just a thought for Nathan or whoever if someone was so inclined.
Happy for the winners and wouldn’t qualify as a non-FK owner anyway, but was thinking the exact same thing.

Reactions: mb>
Congrats to the winner :) !!!!!!

I’d love to jump in here, but as I’m too afraid to use my orig FK :) lol , I’m out
In all honesty I wouldn’t make a good test subject for these.
Can’t wait to hear all the feedback :) :)

He wants to stab the large possum who shows up in his backyard late at nights to steal his cat's food. So here is the scenario:

Gus will use the UF which he got in todays sale to stab / kill that possum and will use the proto FK2 to field dress that critter. I really hope that Nathan & Co enjoy Cuban style possum kebob because Gus is gonna send 'em some :D

Ha Ha! You know it bro! I’m gonna make me some Cuban possum on a stick! :thumbsup::D

Last edited:
Back