Fun Spyderco Tenacious Mods

Just recently got a Tenacious, and really loving it so far. Went on youtube to look for ways to deploy the blade utilizing the thumbhole before noticing that some people like to mod their knives on YouTube. There was a guy who krylon'ed his Tenacious clip flat black and it looked pretty sick. What are some of the cheap mods that you have made to your blade to make it more personal?

I took the sharp edge off the jimping and the spine on my Tenacious. Then I made some wood scales out of bamboo flooring scrap. The handle is a lot thicker and feels much better in my hand.

Another thing you can do is to do some file work on the spine.

Charlie Mike has done some cool mods. Check out some of his work for ideas.

Ric

I don't have a tenacious, but you can do it with the pocket clip too. I don't like the shiny clips from spyderco. I think it looks better, and matches more clothing, when it is stonewashed. I know a few others have done this as well as I got the idea from a thread here. It is kinda hard to get the depth of the stonewash in picturess.

P1010099.jpg

P1010097.jpg

I used a plastic bottle, some rocks(I used aquarium stones they are like $1-2 for a package), and some WD40 or something similar. I think it took like 45 minutes of shaking or so. Gravel takes a little longer if you are shaking it because it isn't as heavy(I tried it at first and it didn't work too well for shaking).

Back