FYI... Can't log-in from Firefox

other memory

Gold Member
Hi. I am able to log-in from Brave browser, but not Firefox. This is a recent issue, started happening about 2 weeks ago.

From the home page? Try clicking on a sub forum and then try logging in again.

Considering clearing some cookies. Always a good first step.
Tried that and a DNS flush with no result.

But if I time out and go back to the home page I can get the login window to open. That makes me think that it needs a cookie/history to recognize me.

Hi. I am able to log-in from Brave browser, but not Firefox. This is a recent issue, started happening about 2 weeks ago.

Tried that and a DNS flush with no result.

But if I time out and go back to the home page I can get the login window to open. That makes me think that it needs a cookie/history to recognize me.

I clear my cookies every time I leave Firefox, and I do a deep clean of the system about once a day. I have no problems logging in. But I'm on a desktop running Linux.
What platform are you using? iPhone? Android? Windows?

I clear my cookies every time I leave Firefox, and I do a deep clean of the system about once a day. I have no problems logging in. But I'm on a desktop running Linux.
What platform are you using? iPhone? Android? Windows?
This is on 2 different Laptops both running Windows 10 and Firefox as the go to browser. I normally do the forget browsing at the end of the day.

And this is a new bug. It came to be in the last couple weeks.

Ick. Hate Win 10. Bug City.

I tried logging in from my wife's Win 10 machine and was able to replicate the error. Think it has something to do with the popup blocker, but I still get the error even with the popup blocker turned off. If memory serves there was a Firefox update a couple of weeks ago.

Quick workaround for a laptop: right click the login button and choose OPEN LINK IN NEW TAB.

I run a dual system on my own machine, Win 7 and Linux. I'll try logging in from Win 7 Firefox later today. I might try fiddling on the Win 10 system also. No promises. I really do hate Win 10.

Spark Spark
D Danke42
other memory other memory

Found the issue, It happens with both Win 10 firefox and Win10 Chrome. I can't be certain it is a BF issue. Spark would know for sure.
This also happens using Win 7. And it happens on Firefox for Android. It does not happen when using Firefox on Linux.

Default setting in Firefox for Windows is to accept both HTTP and HTTPS sites.
Currently, when you type in www.bladeforums.com, it takes you to the HTTP: version of the site. And the login popup won't function.
If you type in https://www.bladeforums.com the log in popup works using either Firefox or Chrome for Win 10.

Two fixes:
  1. I'm sure you have a shortcut to BF. Edit the shortcut so that instead of www.bladeforums.com, it links to https://www.bladeforums.com
  2. Another way is to go into Firefox options
    Click "Privacy & security"
    Down at the bottom, set the radio button for "HTTPS only mode"

For reference... I can login on my phone from the homepage. iPhone using Safari.

This happens on my PC running Windows 7 Professional service pack 1. Only on Firefox. Brave is fine. I hate Chrome, I rarely use it.

For reference... I can login on my phone from the homepage. iPhone using Safari.

This happens on my PC running Windows 7 Professional service pack 1. Only on Firefox. Brave is fine. I hate Chrome, I rarely use it.
Check which version of BF you are logging into. HTTP or HTTPS.

I'm also getting this with Safari Version 13.1 (15609.1.20.111.8) on my MacBook Air. Using the HTTPS address.

Mitch

Both Firefox and Chrome work as expected on Win 10 if I ensure that I pull up the HTTPS version of the site. My wife's machine doe not have Safari and I don't feel it fair to her to fuss with it, so can't help you there.

You have to have cookies enabled in order to log in

Chrome on Windows 10
had the front page book marked and it wasn't letting me log in. went into bookmark manager and updated the URL to https

its all good now

Back