-a semi-automatic
-a $250 knife
-to own several bottles of pricy single malt scotch
-a large house
-a large television
-a big audio system
-a $200+ fountain pen
-etc.
No one. However, in a first world capitalist society, you are free to buy these things if you can afford them and you desire them.

There's a reason why one sees more G Shocks down range then any other watch. Also, the watch you wear as a military aviator speaks volumes as to the flight status of a pilot...wearing a G Shock means you're still flying; wearing a Rolex Submariner means you're flying a desk, an office weenie if you will.;)

Who needs:
-an expensive watch
-a car that can drive 120+mph
-a semi-automatic
-a $250 knife
-to own several bottles of pricy single malt scotch
-a large house
-a large television
-a big audio system
-a $200+ fountain pen
-etc.
No one. However, in a first world capitalist society, you are free to buy these things if you can afford them and you desire them.

Well, I was with ya till you got to the semi-auto.....;) I'm ok with the rest.

Who needs:
-an expensive watch - one who appreciates it
-a car that can drive 120+mph - one who can handle it
-a semi-automatic - one who can handle it and appreciate it
-a $250 knife - see above
-to own several bottles of pricy single malt scotch - one who will enjoy it
-a large house - me
-a large television - me
-a big audio system - me
-a $200+ fountain pen - one who would appreciate it
-etc.

Keep in mind that I don't have the large house, but the 58" plasma tv is pretty big, and my 7.1 Klipsch reference series speakers in my surround sound system are "pretty big".

We cannot judge, covet, nor dictate what others have or do w/their money.

got my G-Shock today!!!
IMG_20140515_165910_503_zps3d07d029.jpg

IMG_20140515_165837_053_zps0b77dad3.jpg

NICE, I like it. I looked hard at that one before I got mine.

Thanks! for the price, I couldn't pass it up. Since i'be been wearing a Movado for the past 12 years that didn't even have the date on it, I figure this has more features than I'll really need.

Too bad he didn't realize that the VAST majority of people won't even notice your watch.
They were all sales managers. They knew exactly what his watch was and I'm sure that when the meeting was over they all ran out to see if they could find that watch.
So, those FEW were all sycophants. Still, it's too bad they didn't realize that the VAST majority of people won't even notice their watch. Even using your example, the CEO had to go out of his way to ensure the subordinates noticed his watch.

Model no. AWGM100-1ACR
Recently got one of these myself. Nice sized. Not too big but still substantial. Took about 2 days wearing till it got to full battery charge. Synced the first night at 12:04am. Got to love atomic time.

So, those FEW were all sycophants. Still, it's too bad they didn't realize that the VAST majority of people won't even notice their watch. Even using your example, the CEO had to go out of his way to ensure the subordinates noticed his watch.

Of course you are correct, but you might be surprised at how many people would start talking to my boss about his Rolex and he didn't go out of his way to display it.
I guess wearing a Rolex is like belonging to a club.

Of course you are correct, but you might be surprised at how many people would start talking to my boss about his Rolex and he didn't go out of his way to display it.
I guess wearing a Rolex is like belonging to a club.
To my knowledge no one has ever noticed my Rolex when I wear it. I prefer it that way.

I have had many people compliment me on my Rolex watch here in S, Cal and its NOT even a Rolex, It looks like Submariner. Its a Invicta Perpetual blue dial. LOL Just cause they don't say it doesn't mean they don't see it too.

I have had many people compliment me on my Rolex watch here in S, Cal and its NOT even a Rolex, It looks like Submariner. Its a Invicta Perpetual blue dial. LOL Just cause they don't say it doesn't mean they don't see it too.
There you go. The ones who did notice didn't even have a clue as to what they were seeing. Most are just ignorant when it comes to watches.

I love my G-shock. Only thing I wear in the field that I havn't managed to break yet (I'm infantry, I was bred to break things). I like the lack of weight and metal against my skin, I like the fact that it's cheap and I like the fact that recoil from crew-serves won't mess with it. Damned thing just never breaks, a mate of mine bought his in Bosnia in the 90's and it's still ticking. Fantastic pieces of kit.

Recently got one of these myself. Nice sized. Not too big but still substantial. Took about 2 days wearing till it got to full battery charge. Synced the first night at 12:04am. Got to love atomic time.

12:04 every night. It is extremely convenient.

Back