G-shock Why?

Different strokes for different folks. The good news is you aren't required to own one if you don't like them.

I have had several G-shocks over my 20 years in the Army, they are great watches. I have to get a Rangeman soon.

That watch is just too big for your wrist. Anytime the lugs extend beyond either (or both) side(s) of your wrist, you should look for a watch with a smaller diameter case.
I may have a smaller wrist than most. I have no problems with the way the watch wears.

Okay I used to think like you OP but now after I see more of my friends wearing it It started looking pretty good.My friend gave a gshock watch and i was hooked.

I definitely agree with G shock being durable.I love going on hikes and camping trips and whenever i go I always wear my Gshock Watch.My friend gave me a more advanced G shock Military Watch.Image Below:

DW6900MS-1_xlarge.png

It feels pretty cool wearing that watch.But of course in the end it depends on what kind of watch person you are.What is your eye for watches basically.

Got the Rangeman. I love it so far. If it holds up as long as other G-Shocks I have had in the past, I will be very happy.

There is something appealing about a product that is very utilitarian and extremely durable. Almost as if it is a challenge. Are you tougher than this watch?
My 5600 will be here after I'm gone.

Friend of my was deployed overseas. His band broke and his gshock dropped to the road where a duece and a half drove over it. He picked it up, secured it with a little gorilla tape and went about his business. Can't beat that.

I roll a pathfinder and it has taken a beating over the years. "Ole Faithful".

Ok I don't mean to hurt feelings or anything. But why on earth to people buy g-shock watches? They are ungodly ugly and look like the 5 dollars watches I got when I was a little kid. I see people trading them on forums or facebook sales. Trying to act as if they have something nice. Am I missing something about these watches? I just don't understand why anyone would want something like that.
Beauty be in the eye of the beholder. Just got mines, fresh off the boat...
i-k5GdHvw-X3.jpg

I understand the question, but. Something happened. I saw the GG1000 and lost it. I am a watch lover and I went nuts over this watch. I had just purchased the ProTrek WSD F20. If you don't know this watch it's a smart watch on steroids. Being a gadget freak I had to have it. I thought my watch hunger would be tamed for at least a couple of years. But no. One month later I spotted the GG1000 and boom, Amazon had it on my door step about 4 day later. This was the crack in the wall. I have had Casios ever since I was a teenager and still have what are now called vintage Casios. They all work but are really small and kind of dumb looking and are in a little box. Keep in mind this is long before G-Shock. About a year after my Casio binging I started looking at other G-Shocks and all of a sudden I ended up with the GW9400 but even as this was in transit I picked out the GW5610, which is the original G - Shock design but with tough solar and Atomic Clock sync. I have some very nice watches (not going to name drop) they are not mall watches and yet I wear my G-Shocks daily. I really cant explain it. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact I over build almost everything I repair or create. Kind of like the pyramids. I pity the guy that has to remove the slab I put in for my spa. Its half re-bar and half concrete. Whoever it is they will curse the day I put that in, they will need to nuke it. G-Shocks are over built and I love that. One last thing, my GG1000 looks like it's going to jump off my arm and kick someones ass. I've never met a Patek Philippe that could do that. I don't think this will answer your question but I had fun writing it. Did you say you have an Invicta????

image.jpg Great watch for 100 bucks. GW-M5610,tough solar 10 year battery And at night just turn your wrist bam light automatically comes on. Not as big as a lot of g shocks.The few watches I own I keep reaching for this one

2DF18041-2DA3-41E9-A464-483AEDCF9F2F.jpeg I used to keep a G-Shock around for the observatory time signals. Now my iPhone will do the same thing.

G-Shock and Casio watches seem to really divide people and cause strong opinions whether one likes them or not.
Even though I have my Auto Diver watch I still very much like and dig Casios.
I think functionally there isn't more perfect watch than nicely compact G-Shock.
Aesthetically there are many models that are ugly but some are really nice. As 80's kid I also love the old cheesy designs.

Because some of us have room in our lives, minds, hobbies for more than one style.
I like Hamilton, Omega, Casio, Seiko, Sinn, Etc.
Just like I can appreciate both 1911’s and Glocks as well as pocket guns and revolvers. I like legitimate stand alone cameras and my iPhone camera. I like motorcycles and ATV’s, bmx bikes and mountain bikes, F-150’s and other trucks ( well F-350’s, other brands suck ;) ).
Point is, just like you probably like more than one style of music and some food that your family doesn’t, there are people ( like me ) that find certain G shock models to be very attractive watches. Add the durability and light weight and you not only have a winner but a classic time piece.

Back