Gaúcho style knife

Hello friends, I come to present my new work, a gaucho style knife, with 8-inch blade, 52100 full forged steel, handle on Burl Amboyna, sheath with apply in alligator.
I hope you enjoy my work
_0017478-Editar.jpg

_0017483.jpg

_0017486.jpg

_0017481.jpg

Thanks my friends

beautiful
The thin black lines are they filed only or is there something in there to make it extra dark?

A beautiful knife indeed, it has great lines to it and I like the package; the sheath sets it off.

My only problem is the maker's mark, I think the font and placement distract from what it a beautifully clean and crisp knife. I think makers mark on the spine of this knife would have been much better.

Best,
Philip

A beautiful knife indeed, it has great lines to it and I like the package; the sheath sets it off.

My only problem is the maker's mark, I think the font and placement distract from what it a beautifully clean and crisp knife. I think makers mark on the spine of this knife would have been much better.

Best,
Philip
Thanks a lot, buddy, I'm glad you enjoyed my work. On my mark, I'm making a new, smaller, and I liked the idea of recording in the spine, it cleans the drawing of the knife. Thanks a lot friend for the tip ;);). Greetings

Very beautiful and classic lines, that would make any gaucho proud to have on his belt.

Is the traditional way to eat cooked beef on a fire to take a big hunk in the mouth and use the knife to slice it away from the roast? I imagine this one may slice a big steak off, and you do not want to slice off your own ear or own neck!! Then you would drink Yerba mate with a bombilla from a gourd. What is the name for the gourd?

Last edited:
Very beautiful and classic lines, that would make any gaucho proud to have on his belt.

Is the traditional way to eat cooked beef on a fire to take a big hunk in the mouth and use the knife to slice it away from the roast? I imagine this one may slice a big steak off, and you do not want to slice off your own ear or own neck!! Then you would drink Yerba mate with a bombilla from a gourd. What is the name for the gourd?
Thank you very much friend, on the gaucho culture, the knife itself, it is kind of a utilitarian, uses to shoot down and clean the cow, at the barbecue, it is used to serve people, one person cuts the meat and serves the others (some use smaller knives for individual use) Usually this is the use, slaughter, food preparation, is a general use. The yerba Mate is much appreciated here by tradition and culture.
IMG_20180401_193247_778.jpg
IMG_20180401_193247_777.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, that is a cool pic, and I know a smaller one is called a punal? Thanks for the info. Me gusta mucho el cuchillo. How does one say they like it Portuguese?

Back