Galaxy S4 in small gadget sleeve or iPhone 5 Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a samsung s4 and I want to get a saddleback leather sleeve for it, but unfortunately they don't make one designed for the gs4. That leaves me to choose between the sleeve designed for the iphone 5 or the small gadget sleeve. The dimensions of the iphone 5 case (3 ¼" Wide, 5 ¼” Tall) would suggest that the gs4 (2.65" wide, 5.38" tall) would stick out of the top of the pouch, but would otherwise fit. The small gadget sleeve is a little wider than the iphone 5 case, and even shorter. Based on the specs of both sleeves, the gs4 should fit in both of them but I know in the real world things often shake out differently.

Has anyone tried fitting a samsung galaxy s4 in the iphone 5 case or the small gadget sleeve, and if so could they please post a picture of it?

Sorry I don't know anyone with an S4 to try it in my iphone 5 sleeve. The most recent review on the saddleback site is by someone using the iphone 5 sleeve for a Galaxy S2. That person said it was extremely snug for a few months to the point he had difficulty getting it in and out. He says after a few months it is still snug but nicely so like a "favorite pair of jeans." Keep in mind the S4 is about 70mm wide and the S2 is about 66mm wide. By my measurements the iphone 5 sleeve is about 77mm wide from stitch to stitch, so you would definitely be pushing it and would probably have a lot of difficulty while breaking it in if it works at all. YMMV, just compiling the info I was able to find.

If anyone else should happen to stumble upon this thread and be curious about the answer, no it most certainly does not fit. However, I have been in the process of stretching the one I got out over the past few weeks. I remain hopeful.

Last edited:
Why waste your time? Saddleback leather products and the GS4, aren't a good match - or fit.

Ha well you're wrong about that because it finally fits. Also I "wasted" my time because I wanted to.

Oh wow it finally fits (Haha, Lol). :) Well, you're right. I am wrong. It is your time to do whatever... Glad you got it all to where you like it. :) Sorry I was confused when I posted earlier. Why use a perfectly sized, form fitted functional, made-to-fit-like-a-glove, case, on your SGS4... when you can squeeze it into a Saddleback Leather sleeve (just because it's a SBL sleeve). Lol... but I get it. :) I like SBL too! So, nevermind. :D

I made mine fit in its otterbox in a SBL case.
soaked it over night and made up a lego last which i progressively jammed in the case over a few days.
It works fine.

I would gladly hand over $$$ to Saddleback if they can produce a leather case cover for my HTC One M8. I recently got screwed by this one and till now I cannot find a local leather craftsman able to repair it without having to remove all the stitching. :( Saddleback should start producing bigger leather phone cases to cash in on the ever increasing sales of larger smartphones like the iphone 6 plus.

Last edited:
After many years, some tears, and some damage to the case, my phone, and my pride, I can finally admit to myself that this was a dumb idea. The phone did not fit in the case, and I actually damaged it a little trying to force it in. It did look very nice once inside though. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back