Game of Thrones

Anyone following this show? It's getting to the point I don't know who they are going to kill off next:eek: Jon Snow got it last night.

Became a fan after the first two seasons had aired, so I had some catching up to do.

Didn't see that one coming last night. I guess John didn't either. :eek:

I guess his death of in the books, but I just can't plow through them. Glad I didn't read them, it keeps the show nice and fresh to me. And yeah, he sure didn't! His own guys, no less!

I've read the books... Do not want to watch the show because I have formed my own visuals of the characters in my head. End of book 5 is left wide open for the future, kind of disappointing

I knew John Snow should have thrown that little shite kid off of the wall day one.

I found it sexist to portray midgets the way it did.
Disgusting because i would never lead such a life this colorful.
Objectionable because all my dates never turn into fantasy.
But i m loving GoT because its given me a new lease of life
Let the play begin!

The killing off of the main characters is precisely why I never got into that George RR Martin series. Read a number of them and even got some in hard back. But decided I really didn't like how Martin handled things, so haven't read the more recent one and doubt I will unless I am really hard up for reading material. Don't get HBO (nor want to pay for it) and only see such things at hotels....

The killing off of the main characters is precisely why I never got into that George RR Martin series. Read a number of them and even got some in hard back. But decided I really didn't like how Martin handled things, so haven't read the more recent one and doubt I will unless I am really hard up for reading material. Don't get HBO (nor want to pay for it) and only see such things at hotels....

That is one of the thing that I enjoy about the series. There are no permanent main characters, nor the usual doomed red shirted security guys. Instead we have an interesting population of characters that swim or drown within a realistically detailed fantasy setting. I am betting on Arya and Brandon to end up as king of the mountain at the end of this thing.

n2s

The killing off of the characters is certainly more realistic in the middle ages setting. Life is pretty cheap. I would just really start liking a character and they would get killed. Then off to another character.....

I read the books, but didn't know when was going to be killed. There was stuff going on that I didn't recognize, so I just watched without expecting anything. Example: In the books, Brienne of Tarth was left hanging, literally, so how did she end up in the woods killing Stannis? :confused:

Hey! It's just a show. I liked it. The rest doesn't matter.

I don't watch the show because of the excess amount of sex.
If they didn't I'd watch it, but I only hear about the show for its rape, deaths, and angry fans. *Sigh*

It seems like a quality show and it's entertaining.

I like Arya, the dwarf, and the dragons.

Hope they keep them around for awhile.

Half-man :thumbup:

I'm not a fan of all the vulgarities, graphic nudity and sex scenes, but I enjoy the character development, the story lines and subplots, the scenery, and the costumes.

For the reasons stated above, Brienne of Tarth is my favorite character.

I'm not a fan of all the vulgarities, graphic nudity and sex scenes, but I enjoy the character development, the story lines and subplots, the scenery, and the costumes.

For the reasons stated above, Brienne of Tarth is my favorite character.

It is a quality show with excellent writing, acting and sets and as far as the R rating goes, it does seem a realistic portrayal of the tribal dark ages which occurs in Western Europe following the collapse of the Roman Empire (excepting dragons and other fantasy elements). If anything, it omits and downplays the horrors of a church inquisition.

I also admit, that watching former Bond girl Diana Riggs return to TV has been a guilty pleasure. I was a big fan of the original Avengers and even 50 years on she still commands every scene that she is in....a worthy sendoff to a truly great actress.

maxresdefault.jpg

AR-AI160_RIGG_FR_20141218105207.jpg

n2s

Last edited:
It is a quality show with excellent writing, acting and sets and as far as the R rating goes, it does seem a realistic portrayal of the tribal dark ages which occurs in Western Europe following the collapse of the Roman Empire (excepting dragons and other fantasy elements). If anything, it omits and downplays the horrors of a church inquisition.

I also admit, that watching former Bond girl Diana Riggs return to TV has been a guilty pleasure. I was a big fan of the original Avengers and even 50 years on she still commands every scene that she is in....a worthy sendoff to a truly great actress.

maxresdefault.jpg

AR-AI160_RIGG_FR_20141218105207.jpg

n2s

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Age is more than cruel, it's downright vicious!!

I was in lust with Mrs. Peel in her black jump suit with all the zippers. Gave me all kinds of dark midnight fantasies. But she's still a dynamite actress who commands a scene.

That is one of the thing that I enjoy about the series. There are no permanent main characters, nor the usual doomed red shirted security guys. Instead we have an interesting population of characters that swim or drown within a realistically detailed fantasy setting.
n2s
Agreed.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Age is more than cruel, it's downright vicious!!
Another British actress of her vintage not to get a facelift. Looking natural, not plastic, at 77.

Last edited:
Anyone following this show? It's getting to the point I don't know who they are going to kill off next:eek: Jon Snow got it last night.

This is a big question mark now, because at this point in the show, we can't just look ahead in the books to see if he is dead dead or just cliffhanger dead. States of mortality are someone murkier on TV. This is not a spoiler, but my theory is that Melisandre resurrects him. We've already seen a red priest resurrect someone (Thoros of Myr resurrects Beric Dondarrion), and coincidentally Melisandre is located by the Wall.

This is a big question mark now, because at this point in the show, we can't just look ahead in the books to see if he is dead dead or just cliffhanger dead. States of mortality are someone murkier on TV. This is not a spoiler, but my theory is that Melisandre resurrects him. We've already seen a red priest resurrect someone (Thoros of Myr resurrects Beric Dondarrion), and coincidentally Melisandre is located by the Wall.

There is quite a bit of that going on. I dont know how bad off The Mountain was after that Trial by Combat with the dude whose head he squished, but he (the Mountain) is back.

I really haven't figured out all the characters yet, but after that a**h**e burned his daughter at the stake, I was happy to see him get his head cut off.

Back