• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Ganzofan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll list out my observations since not everyone has looked at all the pictures:

The grind is wrong, as confirmed by Spyderco.

The tang stamp is in the wrong location.

The backlock gap does not appear to be within tolerance, not to mention the finish on the spring and spacer.

The lanyard tube appears to be non-stainless, rough cut and unchamfered.

Other smaller issues: the liner had some rough cut, unfinished edges. The G10 was not right. The action was not right.
Well after hearing your explanation and putting the words to the photos im more inclined to believe it is a fake. Now whether it was intentional and or deserves the feedback, i have no idea. But it aint my decision. Thanks for elaborating.

Some of the comments on here I read on here clearly was reading the OP's explanation as gospel and I just want to reiterate somethings:

1. I posted the real picture of the knife in the for sale thread (taken down after the sale due to other items I had listed in the same thread at that time) and send the real pictures of the knife and how/where I obtained it to the OP

2. OP did not reply back for a few hours after I sent the requested info, in the mean time I assume all was well and shipped the knife

3. When OP accused me of selling a fake and wanted a refund I told him I'm not the original owner and did my own research and I don't believe it was a fake, but he can send it back to me regardless for a refund

4. OP then accused me of lying about actually shipping the knife which prompted me to send a copy of the register receipt

5. AT NO TIME DID I TELL OP I WILL NOT ISSUE A REFUND, EVEN AFTER I DETECTED AN ISSUE WITH THE KNIFE I RECEIVED BACK I ISSUED A REFUND

I will update the email chain on this BS drama packed incident in my original response, clearly many people passing judgement here aren't reading my side of the story.

And for the members who understand what I have been saying all along, thank you for your support.

Thanks for taking care of the email post. That's a lot of pages.

5. AT NO TIME DID I TELL OP I WILL NOT ISSUE A REFUND, EVEN AFTER I DETECTED AN ISSUE WITH THE KNIFE I RECEIVED BACK I ISSUED A REFUND

One correction here: you never actually issued the refund. Even more than 24 hours after I accepted your offer (day 4) you hadn't issued it. I don't get that.

How long would you expect it to take someone to issue a refund promised to you?

please read the paypal events notes I posted, it clearly stated that I offered a refund, a day later you accepted, the next day you escalated it

and I can pose the same question back to you, you took 5 days before shipping the item, is it so unreasonable that I didn't issue you the refund right away? maybe I was working or away from home like you? you knew you were covered under paypal

as my email chain clearly stated from your very first contact that you wanted a refund, I told you to send it back and I'll issue you. What did you do instead? accuse me of lying about shipping then wanted to go outside of paypal rules on returns

Thanks for taking care of the email post. That's a lot of pages.

One correction here: you never actually issued the refund. Even more than 24 hours after I accepted your offer (day 4) you hadn't issued it. I don't get that.

How long would you expect it to take someone to issue a refund promised to you?

From what I have read through this whole thread it looks to me like mb> mb> overreacted when he thought the knife was a fake, was out of order when he asked for a refund before shipping the knife back, and then escalated it past a simple failed transaction when he decided to start this thread and leave unwarranted negative feedback.

G Ganzofan did everything right as a seller except knowing his knife is probably a counterfeit, and if mb> mb> had given him a chance to be a good seller and take a return/refund I don't think any of this drama would have happened.

To those members @madcap_magician @The Deacon @sharp_edge @Sergeua and KELAMA KELAMA who decide to judge a member's character based solely on a username, shame on you. I understand not everybody is a fan of Ganzo as a company and I happen to also not approve of many of their business practices, but to assume a person is knowingly selling counterfeits and ripping off members here solely because you don't approve of his username, even when he's supplying better data to back his side of the story up than the OP, is petty at best.

This thread is not about Ganzo's business practices, only slightly about whether the knife in question is counterfeit (IMO it looks like it is), but really about whether the user in question knowingly tried to rip off another member or just accidentally sold a knife he bought was the real deal to a less-than-satisfactory customer.

Some of the comments on here I read on here clearly was reading the OP's explanation as gospel and I just want to reiterate somethings:

1. I posted the real picture of the knife in the for sale thread (taken down after the sale due to other items I had listed in the same thread at that time) and send the real pictures of the knife and how/where I obtained it to the OP

2. OP did not reply back for a few hours after I sent the requested info, in the mean time I assume all was well and shipped the knife

3. When OP accused me of selling a fake and wanted a refund I told him I'm not the original owner and did my own research and I don't believe it was a fake, but he can send it back to me regardless for a refund

4. OP then accused me of lying about actually shipping the knife which prompted me to send a copy of the register receipt

I will update the email chain on this BS drama packed incident in my original response, clearly many people passing judgement here aren't reading my side of the story.

And for the members who understand what I have been saying all along, thank you for your support.

BLAH BLAH BLAH FREAKING BLAH...

Gospel???

Bottom line: You sold a freaking "FAKE" Spyderco knife!!!

OWN IT!!!
For if weren't for you, not doing your own due diligence, before you sold this knife, you would've realized it was a fake (which it seems is apparent to everybody here on this forum- except you). :oops:

And we're giving you the benefit of the doubt, Gonzo, because we'll never know for certain, whether you did this intentionally or not.

Irrespective of the above, If I had sold a fake knife to a fellow member on this forum, you can't bet your a$$ that I'd be contrite, & doing whatever necessary to make it right. I wouldn't be on here acting like a complete jackass- pointing the finger! :thumbsdown:

Fact: mp is the victim here- not you!

FWIW Gonzofan- you chose thee perfect user name, to be involved in a GBU thread, where you're being accused of selling a fake Spyderco. :poop:

Reactions: Mo2

OWN IT!!!
For if you'd done your due diligence, before you sold this knife, you would've realized it was a fake (which it seems is apparent to everybody here on this forum- except you).

And we're giving you the benefit of the doubt, Gonzo, because we'll never know for certain, whether you did this intentionally or not.

Irrespective of the above, If I had sold a fake knife to a fellow member on this forum, you can't bet your a$$ that I'd be contrite, & doing whatever I could to make it right. I wouldn't be on here acting like a complete jackass! :thumbsdown:

Fact: mp is the victim here- not you!

FWIW Gonzofan- you chose thee perfect user name, to be involved in a GBU thread, where you're being accused of selling a fake Spyderco. :poop:

Stop being a drama llama and actually read the damn thread please, your only purpose here is to inflame the thread and that's just not needed here, especially when you're failing to see what his thread is about.

The OP said the knife was real in his eyes when he sold it, but when he got told it was a fake he offered a refund and accepted it back, does that look like a scam to you? He may have sold a fake knife, but he didn't seem to do it maliciously but rather accidentally, and to keep bringing it up and attacking him with that cherry-picked fact makes you look like an ass.

OWN IT!!!

Kelama, did you read my very first email to OP? I said return it and I'll refund, if that's that owning it then I don't know what is, should I give him double what he paid? Get on my knees and beg the knife god for forgiveness because I may have been duped on another transaction?

I would bet that ganzo got the knife from a cop neighbor, friend, relative or what have you. I would also bet that this knife was a confiscated knife busted from a minor and not worth the paper work to said officer so it went in the pocket. So once seeing and hearing ganzo was into knives officer said hey I got a few knives I'd sell ya and it was part of a bundle deal. I truly belive ganzo had no ill intent to sell a fake knife just by his actions to rectify the situation. His name has zero to do with this situation at all.

Kelama, did you read my very first email to OP? I said return it and I'll refund, if that's that owning it then I don't know what is, should I give him double what he paid? Get on my knees and beg the knife god for forgiveness because I may have been duped on another transaction?

Oh, I read it!

Once this became clear that you sold the OP a fake knife, a simple apology, would've sufficed...

instead, you come on here with your indignant attitude and continue to point the finger at mp.

You sold a fake knife! Had this been me, I would've done whatever necessary, to work this issue out, privately. If it means eating a big piece of humble pie and going the extra mile to make sure that the buyer is happy- so be it.

Oh, I read it!

Once this became clear that you sold the OP a fake knife, a simple apology, would've sufficed...

instead, you come on here with your indignant attitude and continue to point the finger at mp.

You sold a fake knife! Had this been me, I would've done whatever necessary, to work this issue out, privately. If it means eating a big piece of humble pie and going the extra mile to make sure that the buyer is happy- so be it.

He behaved exactly how he should have, it's not his fault you can't read any of his posts.

Just because he accidentally sold a fake knife doesn't mean he then has to roll over and take it from the seller without so much as a retort, he has every right to give his side of the story and just because you want to escalate it doesn't give you the right to keep railing on him like a dick.

Oh, I read it!

Would you have complied with the requests of the op? Refunded his money before he sent the knife back? (A knife that Ganzo claims that he still believed to be real at that point) Would you have sent him a G&S paypal payment before he sent the knife back and left yourself open to a claim being filed and the buyer getting a refund on top of the additional G&S payment that you sent?

I just don't see what options Ganzo had that you're claiming you would have done. If I did everything I could to rectify a situation like this, which I think the seller did, and the buyer still left negative feedback and came here to smear my name some more, I wouldn't be here kissing ass either. I'd be in here explaining my side of the story and why things happened the way they did. That's pretty much all I've seen Ganzo do here.

Would you have complied with the requests of the op? Refunded his money before he sent the knife back? (A knife that Ganzo claims that he still believed to be real at that point) Would you have sent him a G&S paypal payment before he sent the knife back and left yourself open to a claim being filed and the buyer getting a refund on top of the additional G&S payment that you sent?

I just don't see what options Ganzo had that you're claiming you would have done. If I did everything I could to rectify a situation like this, which I think the seller did, and the buyer still left negative feedback and came here to smear my name some more, I wouldn't be here kissing ass either. I'd be in here explaining my side of the story and why things happened the way they did. That's pretty much all I've seen Ganzo do here.

^ I wouldn't have sold a counterfeit knife!

Again I seriously doubt there was any malicious intent from ganzo to sell a fake spyderco. I know this guy from Adam but his actions to rectify the problem seem legit and honest. We will never know the truth and that's fine but from what was presented here acted appropriately. I hope both parties learned a few things and all were made whole. Just my two cents and how I veiw the situation from outside the box.

^ I wouldn't have sold a counterfeit knife!

You wouldn't *knowingly* sell a counterfeit, but if you sold a knife that you thought was real and it ended up being identified as a fake, would that give us the right to bash you for selling a fake even if you didn't think it was when you sold it?

Your high-and-mighty attitude is doing nothing for this thread, I know you have me on ignore but I'll call you out for it anyway because you you're making yourself look bad.

and I can pose the same question back to you, you took 5 days before shipping the item, is it so unreasonable that I didn't issue you the refund right away? maybe I was working or away from home like you? you knew you were covered under paypal

You didn't answer my question. But let me help you here. While I was out of town, you had the money, I had the knife. While you let days go by with no communication, you had both the money and the knife. See the difference?

Mb did you get a refund yet ?

Yes.

Once again on the return, I addressed this earlier. We worked it out. I don't have a problem with that, but everyone else does. I was trying to determine how to accomplish a risk neutral return. It seems that PayPal should offer the seller an option to initiate a refund contingent on receipt of returned goods. I just wanted it documented somewhere. A claim accomplished this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back