• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gareth bull: Slow Delivery/waitlist thread

Gareth bull is slow to deliver paying customers knives

and the blue Gem

Wait list names and dates in order:

January:
Brian_T: SA hunter
SAKC: multiple knives DELIVERED (warlock still needs to be delivered)

February:
Heywood Floyd: custom warlock (insingo blade shape) DELIVERED
dflores: small warlock (Delivered)

March:
spongebobbf: small warlock(Refund recieved)

April:
Arjung small warlock blue scales: DELIVERED

Lafferjc: All titanium warlock with carbon fiber scale. DELIVERED

May:
Wolf5391:Gem: DELIVERED & Small Warlock folder (carbon fiber and ti scales)DELIVERED
GarrettWeidman: Small Left-handed Warlock: Delivered
June:
Moses_3: small warlock with shamwari design added. (Refund recieved)
CKtenders(AKA)trenton111: shamwari

July:
expwmbat: Refund Recieved

August:
Elite_KG:small shamwari: DELIVERED

September:

October:
Teague: 2 shamwari's (order cancelled except for 1 knife) DELIVERED
monsieur: 2 phantom's: BOTH delivered

November:
ScotchDave: XL shamwari

December:
Aidansdaddy17:small shamwari liner lock: DELIVERED

January:
psquared: Warlock and a Shamwari (Order Canceled)
fq55: shamwari

February:

March:
LoftyNotions: custom chef knife

April:

Guy Vanderveken: Bantam weight custom Miura Delivered

May:
gwebb: small warlock carbon fiber (Delivered)

June:
hookahhabib:ultra light shamwari

July:
August:

Dates unknown

youtube users:

xCaffieneJunkyx

Bladeforums Members:

mantzao: Situation sorted out
Steel130

Thanks to all who have provided information!

Last edited:
Props to you my man for waiting that long! My current custom order time was only 4 months and that's driving me crazy enough.

Im honestly not familiar with Gareth's work but those look fantastic.

Props to you my man for waiting that long! My current custom order time was only 4 months and that's driving me crazy enough.

Im honestly not familiar with Gareth's work but those look fantastic.

yah I was originally quoted 2-3 months so 1 year is getting to me.

I understand why but still hard to to be patient :D

It looks crappy when you get it you can give it to me . Not on his list but waiting for 2 other waiting sucks.

I'm pulling up on the year mark...
Originally thought warlock, but opted for the Shamwari. Patience is a virtue. Word is he's getting close, but that could be relative.

Last edited:
Hard to know which one is right without handling. Probably should have stayed with the Warlock. Decisions, decisions...

I'm pulling up on the year mark...
Originally thought warlock, but opted for the Shamwari. Patience is a virtue. Word is he's getting close, but that could be relative.

I'm trying to be patient. Gazza seems like a great guy and all but recently most of my emails have been (dodged) if you will and the emails that he responds to say, "the knife will be shipped out next week at the latest" and it never does.

I just wish I would get a realistic time frame, seems like the last 10 emails (over the past 8 months) was responded in "Ill get to the postie tomorrow", or "next week".

Honestly I don't mind the longer wait but I wish I would have a realistic time frame to be expecting the knife.

hopefully it will be soon. fingers are crossed and good luck with your shamwari :)

I'd love to have a knife from him, but I just don't have enough time or patience left to do that. That just is not acceptable to me. There are other good makers out there.

I'd love to have a knife from him, but I just don't have enough time or patience left to do that. That just is not acceptable to me. There are other good makers out there.

true but there is just something about gazza's work that just does it for me.

I'm willing to wait, just wanted a realistic time frame so I'm not being jerked around.

I came close to ordering a Gareth Bull knife twice!
Each time the email/Facebook conversation just dropped when I said I was ready to send a deposit...

I am also waiting for a small Warlock/Shamwari, but in orange G10. I understand that Gareth has had some supply issues; sometimes he has been very quick and informative in his responses, but there have also been times that my emails have gone unanswered. I'm not sure how things are going at this point, but it would be nice to have an update. I've asked about some wood inlay options too, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Nevertheless, I'm a patient guy and have plenty of other knives to use. In the end, I think the knife will be worth it--basically like getting a Sebenza in better steel, and without the thumbstud.

Cheers,
Daniel

I am also waiting for a small Warlock/Shamwari, but in orange G10. I understand that Gareth has had some supply issues; sometimes he has been very quick and informative in his responses, but there have also been times that my emails have gone unanswered. I'm not sure how things are going at this point, but it would be nice to have an update. I've asked about some wood inlay options too, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Nevertheless, I'm a patient guy and have plenty of other knives to use. In the end, I think the knife will be worth it--basically like getting a Sebenza in better steel, and without the thumbstud.

Cheers,
Daniel

how long has your wait been if you dont mind me asking?

How long has my wait been? I guess I'm not sure, but not as long as you, I think, by a fair bit. If I recall correctly, I put my order in sometime during the summer or fall. Whenever I was, I was originally told December, which was maybe a 6 month wait--so last summer, I think. Probably going on 9 months or so of wait. My last correspondence that was replied to was very positive--Gazza offered to incorporate some of the Shamwari changes to the Warlock. But that was promised at the end of January, and I haven't heard anything else since.

Cheers,
Daniel

How long has my wait been? I guess I'm not sure, but not as long as you, I think, by a fair bit. If I recall correctly, I put my order in sometime during the summer or fall. Whenever I was, I was originally told December, which was maybe a 6 month wait--so last summer, I think. Probably going on 9 months or so of wait. My last correspondence that was replied to was very positive--Gazza offered to incorporate some of the Shamwari changes to the Warlock. But that was promised at the end of January, and I haven't heard anything else since.

Cheers,
Daniel

ok well hopefully I get the email soon :)

I cant wait

I have an order from him for a Warlock fixed blade version, and a folder. I just emailed him the other day for an idea on how far out I am. Still awaiting a response.

Last edited:
I have an order from him for a Warlock fixed blade version, and a folder. I just emailed him the other day for an idea on how far out I am. Still awaiting a response.

i find he answers 1 in every 3-4 emails.

if your looking for a fixed blade warlock to tide you over I think there is a bigger version of it on sale at SAblade. Im not sure if Gazza ever sold it but its there.

i find he answers 1 in every 3-4 emails.

if your looking for a fixed blade warlock to tide you over I think there is a bigger version of it on sale at SAblade. Im not sure if Gazza ever sold it but its there.
Yah I find about the same. I think the issue is that he has limited internet service over there. So it comes and goes. That is what I have heard. He is a great guy an very friendly. I cannot wait to try his work.

Back