• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gareth bull: Slow Delivery/waitlist thread

I joined Instagram to see what was on his account. I didn't see anything. Can you (Wolf) post a few pics of what's out there?

Finally saw it on Instagram with my wife's account. The latest pic is the one for me I assume. He mentioned in an earlier response that the knife was spoken for, so I'm guessing that's it. We will see...

Finally saw it on Instagram with my wife's account. The latest pic is the one for me I assume. He mentioned in an earlier response that the knife was spoken for, so I'm guessing that's it. We will see...

glad you were able to see his instagram. I wish you the best of luck

I dont have Instagram so I am not seeing what is being posted. He did send the pics as shown here. Maybe you can tell me if it is or isn't posted on Instagram. Just out of curiousity, what pricing is he listing on Instagram with his posts?

So this is the first real sign that I may be approaching the end of this knife journey. Wonder how long it takes to ship from SA to USA?

View attachment 518788

View attachment 518789

Oh and he listed the one for $500 i believe.

there was a guy on IG posting about what a great knife and guy Gareth is and how he cleaned up his act. He was saying how Gareth was going to be opening his books again and he made the greatest knives. I posted him telling him about this GBU thread. He asked me what I expected of Gareth to just close shop or get new orders to finish orders. I had to remind him that that is exactly the definition of a Ponzi/pyramid scheme. He pretty much shut up after that. I hope you guys get your knives, but this is classic bad knifemaker strategy, take new orders, spend the money on personal stuff and some on fulfilling older orders or not at all.

Got a tracking number today from Gareth. My knife, or something, is on it's way. I keep y'all posted.

Got a tracking number today from Gareth. My knife, or something, is on it's way. I keep y'all posted.

Very happy to hear that. Please post pictures when it arrives.

If he shipped DHL, it should arrive by the end of this week.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread to update the list.

My Gareth Bull Shamwari arrived today. The journey is now complete.

Shamwari_1.jpg

Shamwari_2.jpg

Shamwari_3.jpg

Admittedly there we many times I had my doubts, but persistence paid off and Gareth fulfilled his commitment in the end. I believe Gareth has good intentions, but may have over committed in the beginning.

The design and craftsmanship are very nice.

Great to hear, I will update the op.

On a side note Gareth has 12 shamwaris that hes selling on a first come first serve basis on his instagram. Still don't understand why the knives hes making can't be others on the wait lists but.....

Glad to hear the chapter is over for you Elite_KG

I just received my refund. I truly wish things had worked out differently, but I am very happy that Gareth finally made good on my refund. Good luck to everyone still on the list.

I just received my refund. I truly wish things had worked out differently, but I am very happy that Gareth finally made good on my refund. Good luck to everyone still on the list.

Good to hear. Ill update the op

will do thanks! I would love to see some pictures of your custom warlock if possible.
Sure ...
6HpP9JD.jpg

OiJZ5Ua.jpg

Any markings, say like on the pivot, are c/o my handy work.
There are a few tuning issues I'll address in due course. eg the gymping is too sharp for my taste etc.
The lightly full height convexed "Insingo" blade grind, after some stropping, is as sharp as anything in my arsenal. It is a wicked slicer.
Took these pics recently and they included light being EDC'ed. Sorry they could be better but are posted for the sake of expediency.
In case anyone is interested in the light ...
LIGHT: Quantum Titanium custom - Flood Nichia 219 B10/I 4500k 92 cri
+ 2 x Ice Blue Tritium vials
+ Nite-Ize S-Biner Microlock
EDIT: ADD
Gareth also delivered a CF show scale and pivot tool.

Last edited:
So has anyone else received there knives? Seems like very very slow progress again.

Still waiting on mine...was promised it was only a week away in January of 2015...

Still waiting on mine...was promised it was only a week away in January of 2015...

As I recall you've been waiting longer than anyone else on the list... This is a shame as Gareth has been doing runs of the shamwari left and right. I'm curious if anyone else has gotten a knife from him yet.

Aidansdaddy17"s and monsieur's knives have been delivered. I have updated the thread to reflect this.

Back