Garth Had Shoulder Surgery Last Monday. . . .

Garth... your skills are needed, and greatly appreciated! Get well soon!

Thanks for the kind words folks. It is much appreciated.
Also, thanks for the REAL words (Jerry, UNRL Ghandi). In this overly sensitive world it is nice to hear that people can still have fun and harass each other without everyone getting all bent out of shape.

Garth

Hope you are healing up well, Garth, so you can return to drinking soon!

best

mqqn

Hello Joanne. Our best to your friend. This is a site for knife enthusiasts, and may not be the best place for medical advice. You seem like a nice person, to seek out on how to help your friend.

Thank you!. . . . These are nearly my exact words!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's as if Garth has lost sight of the fact that everything is supposed to be about me! o_O:confused::confused::confused:

Yeah, yeah, I get it. . . They ground a bunch of bone spurs off and cut the muscles all to hell and back, and Yes, he does look like someone beat him half to death with an Iroquois war club. . . . but what about me? I have had to pour my own scotch going on a full week now!!!. . . I feel like I'm training for the Olympics!!!

Oh sure, Amy has tried to fill in, but she makes annoying comments like, "Boss man, don't you think you should be able to stop falling before you have another?". . and, "Your breathalyzer test numbers are higher than your age!". . blah, blah, blah. . . . :eek::eek::eek::D

Get well soon Garth. . . I can't drink all of the scotch and bourbon and still be expected to drink your tequila on top of that!!! :eek:o_O:confused:

Let's Drink! :cool:

Jerry :D

PS. We are currently accepting applications for a full-time bartender at the shop! :thumbsup::cool:

Get well soon Garth!!! Sorry to hear you're having some trouble.

Jerry, I'd happy apply for the bartender position, just let me know where to park my trailer.

Also, have you mentioned anything to your staff about shoulder injuries being common among those who practice repetitive arm movements too frequently?

Garth will be just fine...
I have it on good authority they replaced his rotator cuff with an INFI one! :eek: ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words folks. It is much appreciated.
Also, thanks for the REAL words (Jerry, UNRL Ghandi). In this overly sensitive world it is nice to hear that people can still have fun and harass each other without everyone getting all bent out of shape.

Garth

Nice to see you're doing well man!

I know everyone makes INFI everything jokes, but about 20 years ago, a friend of my dad's had been working on a patent (no idea what actually ended up happening) for coating a hip replacement - or really just a ball and socket joint - with diamond plating. I have no idea the process. But long of the short was because they could make both sides so smooth it was almost friction-less and was expected to last 35 years. My understanding is that most joint replacements typically last about 20. I think they were successful, but it was cost prohibitive because it was basically an "option" that insurance companies wouldn't pay for and thus did not make it to mainstream surgery. Then again, I could be wrong entirely about everything after the "no idea what happened" line. We just kind of assumed.

Back