• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

@Gary W. Graley goes above and beyond

woodysone

Gold Member
Just received a blade from Gary, besides being sharper then snot it had a wonderful lanyard tied with a couple of beads. Along with the tied lanyard he included a couple of zipper pulls. Gary also made a sheath for my Knipex pliers that fit perfect. His packages are something you have to experience to understand. If you haven’t done business with him before, your in for a real treat.😉

Bought an adapter for a sheath from Gary. Absolutely the best packing job I have ever seen. He even supplied a homemade tool and directions for me to install the adapter. I wish I took a picture of the packaging it really was something. The adapter he made was a beauty.

The title of this thread is one of the least surprising I've come across.

(And I've never had the pleasure of a transaction with Gary.)

But my OCD did force me to correct the typos in the thread title.

Gary is one of those guys that seems to always go above and beyond. I have a Case seahorse that I acquired from another member and it was advertised as "Sharpened by G2" it was and is one of the sharpest whittlers I had ever acquired. Since I have purchased several times from Gary and he is justs one of the nicest guys Ive met on this forum. He helped me improve my photography as well. I'm not active much of BF anymore but I wouldn't hesitate to buy any knife Gary posted on the forum without knowing anything other than it was coming from one of the best guys on the group.

And yes, his packaging is nearly a work of art. One of the first I received from him came in a nice little wooden box that I believe was for optical parts of something of that nature, it was inside a meticulously made cardboard box that came with instructions on how to open it as to preserve it for future use.... hell, the box is still one of my tresures.

Thanks very much guys and I look at it as my knife collection is spread around the world.
:)
One thing that I enjoy is the packing, I want the person who opens it to be pleased to see what is in there right away and not having to dig through stuffing to locate the knife. Hopefully it brings a smile to their face when they lift the lid.
One fellow I made several butterfly knife sheaths and nested them into a layer of foam, he liked it so much that he stores them in the drawer in the box/foam
And as I always say it goes both ways to have a great transaction and I’m glad to call you guys friends
G2

Man, I wish I had found this earlier so it wasn’t just me dog piling on. But my transaction with Gary was hands-down the best experience I have had on BF. The chat was absolutely awesome and persisted even after I received the knife. He is truly a cut above the majority of humanity.

Oh man, now I feel like I'm missing out! (In a sense)..
Gary and I have done a couple deals. As we are only 1.5hrs from each other, we meet up.

I haven't gotten the fancy packaging, you guys talk about, but I do get to meet him in person..
So on the flip side.. He's just as much a pleasure to deal with, in person!

He came straight to my jobsite, for the 2nd deal and delivered during the day. Pretty Awesome!
Thanks, Gary!
Troy

Oh man, now I feel like I'm missing out! (In a sense)..
Gary and I have done a couple deals. As we are only 1.5hrs from each other, we meet up.

I haven't gotten the fancy packaging, you guys talk about, but I do get to meet him in person..
So on the flip side.. He's just as much a pleasure to deal with, in person!

He came straight to my jobsite, for the 2nd deal and delivered during the day. Pretty Awesome!
Thanks, Gary!
Troy
Troy since you haven’t received a package from Gary here’s a picture.
C36OaCT.jpg

and the inside of one
E7Mz7a3.jpg

I still have a lot to learn from gentleman like this! Thanks Gary for all that you have done for this place.

Thanks Martin, in the lower image I glued a piece of foam to the lid so when it’s closed it pushes down onto the knife so it keeps it in place, and that way when you open the box it is not covering the knife so the first thing you see is that nice knife by Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery
G2

Thanks guys and Troy, always a treat and you have such nice toys to examine when we do meet up in person.

Sharp things and sharp people, good combination right there.
G2
Gary, I'm sorry to say we're just going to have to ban your account.

You're making everyone else look bad.

Here's to another twenty something years. :cool:

Back