GAW: Find Todd a new Avatar contest.

TMHunt

Knifemaker/Moderator
Title says it all, its time for a new Avatar. The story behind my rabbit is cool but its time to find something a little more representive of me and my products. So, here's the rules. Find me a new avatar. You don't have to be a customer, or frequent here, its open to all. Hell, I don't even have to like ya, bottom line, if I like your idea, I'm gonna use it and your gonna get some free sh!t.
The idea behind the rabbit smoking the pipe is believed to be a old indian adage about the rabbit not being afraid because he's smarter than his predators. And he has a big freakin cleaver too just in case. I still like it, but the drawing is corny. So there's a idea. But its not limited to that. Most people here knows me by now, and knows I like knives, beer, canping, kayaking the whole nine yards. Use you imaginations, and present it here. Be tastefull of coarse.
I'll let this go until I find something I like or it dies out. If it goes for a while and I don't find anything I like, each participant will be givin a number and a drawing will be held and I'll still give the goods away. Only rule is if you live across the pond, you will be responsible for the shipping. Otherwise, I will flip the bill on shipping within the U.S.
What's your gonna win:
2013-07-29145522_zpsb49a0ff6.jpg
2013-07-29145624_zps704292c2.jpg
2013-07-29145753_zps2afe5bc9.jpg

One of my Hornets with a white paper based Micarta and a leather mahogany sheath, and one M-18 bumper sticker. You can enter as many ideas, pics as you like, if you got any questions about things I may like feel free to ask. As always thanks for playin. Good luck.

Last edited:
Here's my submission. I combined Derek and Murphy. May I present......"Durphy".

9395449215_9433978eee_o.jpg

Ok so obviously this isnt good lmao, but i still wanted to post my idea, even though i couldnt execute it very well -or at all- the idea still appealed to me. Ok so when i think of Todd i think of a Talented knife maker, And a respectful man that is quick to stand up for his respect, something he believes in, or his friends without hesitation! And in that way we are very much alike, and we might not always see eye to eye because of it but I always hold high respect for him, his talent, and the beautiful knives he makes.

So basically I like "Respect The Steel" If i seen that quote id think of Todd.

Now you can all laugh at my skills

Here's my submission. I combined Derek and Murphy. May I present......"Durphy".

9395449215_9433978eee_o.jpg

I'm glad you clearified who that was in the pic Trade. At first I thought it was a pic of you in high school, but then I realized it wasn't in black and white. :D

WW & Jonny both good ideas.

I can't believe there's only 3 people out there that want free stuff. Come on people!

I'm glad you clearified who that was in the pic Trade. At first I thought it was a pic of you in high school, but then I realized it wasn't in black and white. :D

No Todd. This is my high school class.

Barlowites_zps0b53f060.jpg

It's a long shot against Trade's entry, but I always thought this picture stands out on your site.

Do a Jolly Roger type logo... with a bunny head instead, smoking a pipe, and two M-18's behind it instead of bones. Simple clean lines, I think it would look pretty sweet and could work as a tang stamp... thats my two cents, I'll throw some more at you later... (cause I REALLY want a piece of your work... LOL)

Also pretty fond of the old Thomas Tew pirate flag... Could be easily modified with your flagship blade...

Last edited:
Had another one...

Do a transposed TM... made into a rabbit head. The T is the ears and line of the face, then the M is the rabbit's muzzle/mouth.

A close up of your blade stamp would look cool.

Well, wih about 10 seconds of cropping this is what I came up with.

392DD886-C771-4A09-9B8F-5B2E1784BCCD-22653-00000E6255637383_zps32dc688b.jpg

Now if it wasn't raining and dark out I'd pull out the DSLR and take a nice pic, bit I can't.

I have three for now !
images_zps954fefaa.jpeg

Change out club for a " M-18 ", & with " M-18 Bumper Sticker Logo " underneath photo

images-1_zpsef207002.jpeg

As is with " M-18 Bumper Sticker Logo " underneath photo

images-1copy_zpsc7358951.jpeg

As is with " M-18 Bumper Sticker Logo " underneath photo

Its not that I don't want that sweet knife, its that I am an un-original turd!

I have never had an original thought, and probably would not know how to type if a University lab student had not bribed me with bananas and candy as part of an experiment.

I have a few ideas; however, this was the only one I could hash out at work real fast....
Hunt_zps166c4d42.jpg

Hunt2_zps09e3707e.jpg

It looks like you seem to have gotten away from them, but the heart cutouts were unique and it really popped on this damascus dagger.

Back