GAW: Find Todd a new Avatar contest.

Haha. I was wondering how many you was gonna post Dubz. I pretty much knew once you started with your computer skills youd probably have several ideas. I really enjoyed looking at yours and all of them for that matter. I really liked the Thomas Tew idea, I kicked it around for a while, I also liked the tang stamp idea, but nothing I saw in any of my pics really grabbed me. I do like the pic of me heat treating the M-18, but it is already on my profile page and, lets face it. Im pretty ugly. A lot of great ideas. I think this was a pretty fun GAW, but my favorite one is simple and to the point. So, I present to you all the winner, and my new avatar!

HuntAvatar.png~original

HuntAvatar2.png~original
[/QUOTE]

Congradulations to The Warrior "Dubz" and thanks to all that participated. Now if I can just figure out how to apply it that would be great. When I downloaded it, It was all black. What gives?

Haha. I was wondering how many you was gonna post Dubz. I pretty much knew once you started with your computer skills youd probably have several ideas. I really enjoyed looking at yours and all of them for that matter. I really liked the Thomas Tew idea, I kicked it around for a while, I also liked the tang stamp idea, but nothing I saw in any of my pics really grabbed me. I do like the pic of me heat treating the M-18, but it is already on my profile page and, lets face it. Im pretty ugly. A lot of great ideas. I think this was a pretty fun GAW, but my favorite one is simple and to the point. So, I present to you all the winner, and my new avatar!

HuntAvatar.png~original

HuntAvatar2.png~original

Congradulations to The Warrior "Dubz" and thanks to all that participated. Now if I can just figure out how to apply it that would be great. When I downloaded it, It was all black. What gives?
Awesome, thanks! Todd, you need to tell me what color background you would like on that. I made it a transparency. If you want a white background, blue, etc. Man, really looking forward to getting the hornet. I already have some good photo ideas for it as well. ;)

Todd, I had an idea you would like that one best out of the others I did. You could also make that into t-shirts, hint, hint.

Awesome, thanks! Todd, you need to tell me what color background you would like on that. I made it a transparency. If you want a white background, blue, etc. Man, really looking forward to getting the hornet. I already have some good photo ideas for it as well. ;)

Todd, I had an idea you would like that one best out of the others I did. You could also make that into t-shirts, hint, hint.

Yeah I thought it would make a killer shirt to. Gonna have to get rid of the Busse holes though. :rolleyes: you know how that cookie crumbles. Anyway, pretty sure the white background will suffice. but Id be open to some other colors just to see what they looked like, I like earthy colors . Thanks a lot man, I'll get the hornet boxed up and out.

Yeah I thought it would make a killer shirt to. Gonna have to get rid of the Busse holes though. :rolleyes: you know how that cookie crumbles. Anyway, pretty sure the white background will suffice. but Id be open to some other colors just to see what they looked like, I like earthy colors . Thanks a lot man, I'll get the hornet boxed up and out.

Thank you. Filling the holes is a two second job, no problem. I'll do some colors, see what ya think.

Okay, let's see what we have here. First of all, here's the logo with the holes filled in:

Logo.png~original

Then, we have.....

White:

White.png~original

Blue tinge, which will match the forum color, and not look like there's a border:

Forummatch.png~original

Coyote:

Coyote.png~original

OD:

OD.png~original

Brown/green:

BrownGreen.png~original

Green/brown:

GreenBrown.png~original

And for the hell of it, desert camo:

DesertCamo.png~original

Woodland camo:

Camo.png~original

Burl:

Burl.png~original

Red oak:

RedOak.png~original

Quilted maple:

QuiltedMaple.png~original

Supposed to be wood slat:

WoodSlat.png~original

Micarta:

Micarta.png~original

And because I can, brushed stainless, haha :D :

BrushedStainless.png~original

Options are always nice.

Last edited:
Okay, let's see what we have here. First of all, here's the logo with the holes filled in:

Logo.png~original

Then, we have.....

White:

White.png~original

Blue tinge, which will match the forum color, and not look like there's a border:

Forummatch.png~original

Coyote:

Coyote.png~original

OD:

OD.png~original

Brown/green:

BrownGreen.png~original

Green/brown:

GreenBrown.png~original

And for the hell of it, desert camo:

DesertCamo.png~original

Woodland camo:

Camo.png~original

Burl:

Burl.png~original

Red oak:

RedOak.png~original

Quilted maple:

QuiltedMaple.png~original

Supposed to be wood slat:

WoodSlat.png~original

Micarta:

Micarta.png~original

And because I can, brushed stainless, haha :D :

BrushedStainless.png~original

Options are always nice.

Now you're just showing off.

Congratulations Dubz! I can picture these as shirts too, no idea what we'd need to make that happen, but it could be done. Everybody put forth some great ideas, I'm looking forward to the next contest if we can ever get Todd to come off another piece of steel.

Alright damnit, Warrior, you can quit showing off now! We all see your super sweet computer skills! :grumpy:

P.S. congratulations...I'm jealous. :applause:

Now you're just showing off.

Congratulations Dubz! I can picture these as shirts too, no idea what we'd need to make that happen, but it could be done. Everybody put forth some great ideas, I'm looking forward to the next contest if we can ever get Todd to come off another piece of steel.
Haha. Nah, I have the xcf file saved, just had to fill it with different backgrounds. 'Twas easy. Would love to see some t-shirts made. OD shirts, with black lettering. ;) BTW Murph, the M-18 silhouettes are from M-18, number 01. ;)

Alright damnit, Warrior, you can quit showing off now! We all see your super sweet computer skills! :grumpy:

P.S. congratulations...I'm jealous. :applause:
Haha, thanks man, appreciate it. Been using the GIMP program for a few years now. I'm a mod at an MP4 forum, and got started making themes for MP4 players.

Haha. Nah, I have the xcf file saved, just had to fill it with different backgrounds. 'Twas easy. Would love to see some t-shirts made. OD shirts, with black lettering. ;) BTW Murph, the M-18 silhouettes are from M-18, number 01. ;)

Haha, thanks man, appreciate it. Been using the GIMP program for a few years now. I'm a mod at an MP4 forum, and got started making themes for MP4 players.

M-18 #1, my favorite for some reason! Coyote and OD work for me, but I like lots of options.
Well now that I have a proper computer, I'll set one of these as my background.

Thanks for the entries everybody!

M-18 #1, my favorite for some reason! Coyote and OD work for me, but I like lots of options.
Well now that I have a proper computer, I'll set one of these as my background.

Thanks for the entries everybody!
I think the one where I "burned" the lettering in would make a good desktop, but a bit small though.

Wow Warrior, You are obviously very talented and have a knack for these things! Congratulations on winning the GAW you deserve it, and a very big thank you to TMHunt for hosting such an awesome GAW, I appreciate the opportunity.

:thumbup:

Wow Warrior, You are obviously very talented and have a knack for these things! Congratulations on winning the GAW you deserve it, and a very big thank you to TMHunt for hosting such an awesome GAW, I appreciate the opportunity.

:thumbup:
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Keeps me in practice with the ol GIMPer.

Congratulations Warrior! You knocked this one out of the park.

View attachment 369371

I just thought this one would be cool....I don't know how the hell to make it bigger in the post like Warrior does, but I think you can click on it to open it bigger.

That is a good one 31! But we've already deemed Dubz as the winner. Day late and a dollar short!

I know dude! Quit reminding me that Dubz is a great computer wizard! :sorrow: haha!

I just thought it would still be fun to post kinda cool/funny photos with your knives or of you or Murph or Derek or whoever we can photoshop...to make fun of (not your knives because those are badass) you or Murph ( the easy target) or Derek (epic moustache, kinda) or whoever. :D. It could be fun to let this thread continue; just sayin';)

Last edited:
Back