GAW for a tinkerer/repairer

Hi all,

My daughter found this KABAR while doing some cleanup. It is jammed, and will not close.
The blade is marked "KABAR" and etched "KA-BAR U.S.A. 1189 STAINLESS"

It's up for a giveaway to anyone who is a member here and would like to try repairing it. If there is more than one response, I will randomly select one. Respond below if you are interested.

Mike

Pictures:
u015Uhd.jpg

TLZgxsM.jpg

Moving to the Giveaway forum

I’ll fix it up
Thanks for a shot at it

Love the chance to bring it back to useable condition, I am in...…..

And the winner is, based on my very unscientific random selector:

dirty_dan

Dan, please send me a PM with you mailing address, and I will send the knife to you.

I was surprised by the interest in this. Thanks to all who responded. Maybe I should look for more old stuff that needs tinkering!

Mike

And the winner is, based on my very unscientific random selector:

dirty_dan

Dan, please send me a PM with you mailing address, and I will send the knife to you.

I was surprised by the interest in this. Thanks to all who responded. Maybe I should look for more old stuff that needs tinkering!

Mike

Thank you so very much! I'm not super tech savvy...so I think I send you my address? I went to your profile page and typed there. If there is an issue, please let me know. Thank you again!

Hey guys, I might try to figure out how to post pictures (but I guess we all know what it looks like :D). I got the knife back in full functioning condition after a good thorough cleaning! It seems there was dirt and grim gunking up the action. It's still a bit tough (as in you have to press on the lock back release pretty hard), but it opens and closes with out any problems. Great snap when it opens! Thanks again, Flintrocker!! This will make a great work knife as I may be restoring an old school house for the local museum.

Back