GAW: Your Ethan/Becker Knife & Tool Story

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR

I had Ethan sign several items at Blade Show this year with the intention of doing some giveaways. To enter post your story of your experience with Ethan and/or Becker Knife & Tool.

9UcO8BA.jpg

Thx for the chance guys I actually don't have 16 so I'm in for sure!

Where did all start with this beckerhead! I met Ethan at bladeshow a few years back and he prob spent 20 mins talking with me and I saw his bk14 pointed downwards around his neck with the inner tube tire and a flashlight tucked under the inner tube seemed like a good idea so I bought a bk14 and did just that which led me to this sub forum. Nvr had anything but good experiences with Ethan, Kabar, or beckerheads and my Becker knives have travelled with me from the island of Grenada to the alps in France these knives work for a living.... I've done some pretty crazy stuff with my knives like really crazy and they stand up and work perfectly every time.... if you see me around in the outdoors I'll have my bk7 on my side (my fav Becker ;) )

Thx again for the chance guys!

James W.

I've done all kinds of indoor and outdoor tasks with my Beckers, but my "best and most unusual" use of a Becker was a couple of years ago at a quinceanera.

For those folks unfamiliar with the term, a quinceanera is essentially a 15th birthday party for a Hispanic female. BUT, and this is a big BUT - is is NOT just a birthday party. It is a celebration of the girl passing into the years of early womanhood. For the girls, the only day bigger than this one is their wedding day.

There are presents, dancing, food, beer, speeches, beer, dancing, food, beer.......

The parents invite relatives of all designations, relatives of relatives, good family friends and people important to the family. My sister in Houston has a broken back repaired with multiple surgeries. She can do most everything non-broken back people can do, but she can't do gardening or heavy duty lifting/twisting house work - vacuuming, mopping, carrying heavy loads up stairs, etc, so she she has a maid come in 1x per week to do all that stuff (her husband can afford it:D)

My sister's maid has been working for her since my sister moved to Houston back in 1998. For this quinceanera, the family only invited 2 non-family/non-close friends - the husband's boss and my sister, as well as their families. In my sister's case, the invitation included her husband, her kids, the kids' SOs, and my sister's mother, siblings, etc. My sister told me that this one one of those "really big deals" that I had to got to. So that's how a 60+ y.o. Wend ended up at a Hispanic celebration. :D

Now to the Becker part of the story. A BK11 is one of the 6 knives I EDC everyday- the other 5 are 2 Kabar 125X fixed blades, a Kabar rigger's knife from the 1950s, a Buck 510 and a Pro-Tech TR4. In fact, the 11 is my most used knife.

Well, we got to the party and were seated at our table, one right next to the dance floor right next to the parent's table. The bar was open so off we went to get a few beers. When we asked for Dos Equis, the bar tender, one of the father's brothers, he was very embarrassed to tell us that they managed to buy non-twist-off Dos Equis and no one had remembered to bring a bottle opener :eek::eek: Over 20 cases of Dos Equis and no way to open them. One of the other uncles had left to get one, but the closest store was 15 miles away,

Well, I pulled out my trusty BK11 and said "Here ya go. Just make sure I get it back."

Later, when the uncle returned with the bottle opener, he brought my knife to me. I asked him how he knew who to give it to and he said that his brother said "Look for the gringo wearing a bolo tie." and I was the only one out of 300+ people that matched that description.:p

I could have made a bunch of money that night if I had been a Kabar dealer. At least 30 men and 2 women wanted to know where to get a "bottle knife". Tomar's probably had a run on BK11 sales the next week. Tomar's was the only source I knew of to send them to.

The hero of the night :D
BXyxe7uaeHrsIU7NVD4NnC30kC3F2Y5wBgb8SdSv_FfQUeSFVzKYfP0NgF96qpB1x-xxaAmW-G-GBzLxhWT4L8P6CkRNwGi1qQGoxvMUJPjH2gCJCigau-oFz2dhLP3PdXGjDcwhH9Qc4D1eFmwbDSrKrx-8avlYxsPyf78ZKyl8PTe--6P_ZrDOElOMVVWaBIcvG0qqA5rr2pnEOTgITkJCugPA8twEAZsC41VPfBM_sBFAQuHgROX6WHAdAgTm2Arj8AVh9T82wpg_9Xbyh4r4pFzk72mp0cDsrFp9GkQctJMr6NYiCXSNtX5BX-hGTwuZWsYg4rkIgoNRtHOFgiE74EbdQa-Du5DLerpUL4lQ30CrtoRqRoy2uIT0bOqLiNrwodCy1gI8djiWP2uDYrc-BPU4umdNZCwwmedW8UL6A4FQ-v7NV-N28SxNI_d9pSMUKGeY13tmtAt-ngvA83FWpCfPBm-6rY40Wxl554Op2hf5dRwCHzvi4fAMdyYoQU6w7DzOcXdcpdct45LWq-R4d8kYX8W3JTQ_Qt_K2wG8siNEuysmpwcmeppNZ4dXE6hWYBl52qNYZ7g_oSlwPYNfkRfRUU5utMMTVAnMXg=w293-h220-no

In earned an honorable mention in one of the Beckerhead contests a few years ago. Ethan sent me a BK14. A week or so he called to make sure I received my prize. We spoke for over an hour on the phone. Spoke of Indians, and the women were keepers and makers of fire, knife making, knife design, we essentially spoke as if we’d known each other for years. What a gentleman. One of these days I’ll make it to a gathering to meet face to face. Great man for sure.

Ross,

I was at an ESEE gathering - so far as I know, the only one ever held at Jeff Randall's farm -- and I met Ethan and Moosez there.
We talked a little here and there - nothing specific, just being friendly at a campout kind of stuff.
Apparently I made a decent impression, because at the end of the weekend, as I was helping him load up the suburban, he asked if i was going to make it to the gathering at his place next month.
My response was "Guess I am now, I wasn't aware there was one - when and where is it?"

That was gathering #2, and I haven't missed one at E's since. (I also haven't been to any more ESEE gatherings)
After I got back from Alabama, I found this sub-forum and have been hanging around since.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Ethan Becker. I can say owning and using a bk2 for the first time got me hooked. It was getting hard to get Beckers when I first got mine. Seeing what a great knife it was I wanted more before it's to late. I managed a 7 and an 11. I was happy but still was curious about the other different models. KaBar came to rescue and my curious problem was solved , just had come up with the money.Never have I own any knives as tough as a Beckers. Becker knives are what led me here to blade forums where I've learned so many things about knives and other cool things . But Ethan is the reason I joined. After lurking here for quite a while and reading all the posts and reading about problems some were having from beating the crap out there Knives one guy seem to always chime in and take care of the issues and that guy is Mr. Ethan Becker. That is what made me join just so I could say how much of a stand up man I thought he is to take the time to deal with what most in his position would just ignore. Thanks Ethan for your Great Blades and for being the man you are :) and thanks to all of you on the Becker Forum it's a great place ;)

Here's a few blades I'm enjoying
IMG_0936.JPG IMG_0938.JPG IMG_1042.JPG IMG_1133.JPG

Last edited:
I was a moderator on another forum and ended up getting booted off by the owner for taking up for the members there against a well-known troll. Well, it was time to find a new brand to support and recommend to others! I always like the way Beckers looked with their ergonomic handles. @The Warrior, invited me here and sent me a care package with a brand new knife and some patches. Awesome guy! So my very first Becker blade was the bk4 gifted to me from The Warrior. It was all down hill from there, I bought a bk5, bk15, bk9, and a bk21. My wife even has a bk2 that @Tanker 1/66 gifted her! This year at Blade show, I knew I had to make it by the Kabar/Becker booth to meet Ethan, the man himself! Not only did I meet Ethan, but Bladite and Moose (who was busy with helping someone out) I learned a quick history lesson on the original Horace Kephart knife! Well, needless to say, after meeting Ethan and the folks at Kabar/Becker, I knew Becker was the brand to use and promote now. Thank you Ethan and gang for an awesome lineup of knives! You have customers (my wife and I) for life now!

My very first Becker. Thanks Warrior! This pic is for all of you baton haters out there...
DSC_0056_zpsva4bhryv.jpg

DSC08332_zpsgegbfwkv.jpg

Bk20
GgWwgBU.jpg

Bk9
9dbXgF0.jpg

Bk21
rcJNR91.jpg

Ethan, Bladite and me
3cLqCDM.jpg

Ethan is a very kind, salt-of-the-Earth, kinda guy! He even let me hold the original Kephart knife! :eek:
gEWWeQu.jpg

Sooo, that there is my humble Becker story!

great story on the Quinceanera, zzyzzogeton zzyzzogeton , I still remember my sister's but nothing like that happened, plus I wasn't a knife junkie back then, either...

The great Uncle E. What a nice guy. Before I met him, I found this site while searching for a way to etch my initials on a blade. One thing led to another, then found the Becker blades and was hooked, both by the quality product and the special feel of this forum; camaraderie, funny people, generous and sharing so much knowledge, what a great place to be. By the time I decided to go to a gathering at Ethan's, I was already grinding my first blades. I had done a modified version of a Brute, not willing to pay so much on the auction site for a used one, but was missing the HT.

I arrived there without knowing anybody, just thru the exchanges we've had here, and the reception was as warm as a family reunion. Murph picked me up on an ATV, and off we were to the camp site. I met Ethan, big smile on his face, and he kinda looks like my dad. Derek showed me a box and told me to pick whichever brand new boxed BK I wanted, I just couldn't believe it (picked a 17, pretty sure the only way that knife leaves me is by theft or special gift). Erik had asked me to bring him some packets of Cuban coffee, and I brought a 12-pack of Puertorrican beer, Medalla, then the night was spent drinking all sorts of stuff. But the next day was the kicker. We spent all day at E's shop, and he approved of my version of the BK-1. After we found out it wouldn't fit in the quench tank that was being used for the knives made that day, Uncle E made a tank for it. He cut some pvc, glued a bottom, filled it up with oil, and after he was satisfied it would hold, the knife was cooked and quenched. I was dumbfounded. This guy opens up his house for free to a bunch of guys that, while some are known, others are just words on a screen till that moment. Everybody is having a great time, and I know that it is because we have such a great host. He really felt like an uncle taking care of his family. I haven't been able to go to the last 2, but God willing I'll make it next year.

I've been on this forum for many years now, and have been Reading and posting a ton of stuff.
Finally me and my buddy Lennox got our fingers out of our a.. And went to Blade Show 2015.
While walking around the Pit thursday night in my Beckerheads t-shirt, some guy Walker up to us and introduced him and a couple of other guys. This was Derek Haltom and Pointy, they dubbed us the Nords and took us over to meet uncle E. WHAT A GREAT GUY!!
He was easy to talk to, a great storyteller and an obundance of knowledge (and beer) was shared...
Next Day lennox and me were sitting in front of the line, wait ing to get in, when the Becker-posse came up to us, Derek handed me a saberground 16!!!? And Said "here you go" Just because he heard I was looking for one at Blade.. (woohoo), I had several Nice talks with both Ethan and the rest of the guys during that weekend, finnishing of with a breakfast with all of them on Sunday.
I was probably not Even close to sober, as lennox and me had been sharing a bottle or two of Johnny Walker Blue with Jerry Busse at about 5am, and believe me, Ethan noticed, hahahaha...
When I got to the table, he allready ordered me a large glass of OJ and a Coffee, and Said "I Recon you were'nt specially hungry this morning"...
And Then he invited us to his place before we left back to Norway..(two Norwegians he never ever met before.)
When we got to his place, we got the grand tur of the house, shop, estate and his collection of knives and prototypes... (we Even got to fondle the 20 proto he had Just gotten back from Kabar)..
We had an awesome dinner, Uncle E is a genious when it comes to Foods.
We ate, drank and talked all night, about knives, history, Norway and we listened to Ethan tell stories about How his knives came to be, and stories about other makers...
We stayed over to the next Day at his house, before heading to the airport..
These are memories I think about almost every Day, and I can't wait to get back to Blade Show 2018 to meet all these Great People again...
Miss you all..

I am an avid outdoorsman like many on here and I love my Beckers. I have had a BK14 since they first came out and have carried it extensively. I have used it as an EDC, I have used it backpacking and camping, I have used it hunting and fishing, I have used it bushcrafting, I have started fires striking flint off the spine and I have brought it on multiple foreign vacations. I have trusted it in the most far off and isolated places I have ever been and I tend to backpack alone pretty often. If it ever got discontinued I would buy five of them in a heartbeat. Here I am on my honeymoon in costa rica opening up young coconuts on a secluded beach with my BK14. It was the only knife I brought with me for three weeks down there. This was when it was my only Becker/Kabar knife and it is what started it all and why I am here typing this now.

Ynv1DyN.jpg

z9F3K7W.jpg

My well worn bk14 and my char cloth tin. I have started quite a few fires striking flint or quartz on the spine of this knife.

8WjXDLL.jpg

sU2OYJw.jpg

Here I am chipping a frozen Nalgene bottle open with my BK14 at 11,000 feet in January in Colorado. I like this pic. :)

2xbR4C7.jpg

HDNJqCK.jpg

I was so impressed with it that I next picked up a BK15 and it too has served me well. I boned an elk out a couple of years ago with the BK15 and another knife. The BK15 worked very well for skinning and boning it out. I actually backpacked in about three miles and set up a base camp so I needed a camp knife as well as a game processing knife. The BK15 along with one other knife together met all my needs. The BK15 is very handy around camp. I dropped the Elk late in the afternoon and dressed it out and went back in the morning for it. It took the whole next day and well into the dark to get it all out by myself but the freezer was full (very full). The Bk15 was part of one of the most memorable hunts of my life. I will just put this one pic since the rest are a little more graphic.

3qtoxir.jpg

Camping with the 15. :)

i3Mmlr1.jpg

I fish a lot too, especially ice fishing. I spent a lot of my childhood in the St. Lawrence River valley of upstate New York where for much of the year icefishing is the only fishing and I fell in love with it. The BK14 and BK15 have been on many fishing and icefishing trips in New York, Vermont and Colorado. They have both been great for that. They are an awesome combo.

NnjAgkl.jpg

YUJzFGW.jpg

XmAZFa6.jpg

O6l4R2c.jpg

bSWK8w1.jpg

Emra0IP.jpg

Then I got a 4 which I fell in love with. Then I got hooked on big knives and now I have a 5, 9, 20, 21 and a Parangatang. I have always liked bushcrafty type things and am a woods bum through and through. I have found that big knives make building things so much easier and are so versatile.

zdq8xfB.jpg

HfM4MbK.jpg

6SHhp2R.jpg

kiEtMOA.jpg

tEjZPvu.jpg

It took me a while but then I realized it was official. I was a Becker fanboy so I did the logical thing and applied for Beckerhead status and attended a Beckerhead Gathering. I figured with full blown Berckeritis I might as well go hang with some others afflicted with my condition. What a great bunch of folks and what a good time. I had so much fun that I went again. Now I think you guys are stuck with me. ;)

xFhO6RL.jpg

Thanks for the great knives, the generous giveaway and hosting a subforum where we can all come together.

Last edited:
I have not had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Becker, though I do certainly hope to some day. I feel like I have spilled the beans in regards to my fondness for Becker knives a few times in the past so if what I have to say seems repetitive, you have my sincerest apologies.

I remember a number of years back when I was beginning to foster a preference for over built sharpened slabs of steel. My knife collection was somewhat nonexistent, my only fixed blades at the time being a Ka-Bar Camp Knife (not the BK-5), a Buck 119, and a couple of Cold Steel Bushman blades. I spent a lot of time on the Internet, saving picture after picture of knives that caught my interest, it wasn't long before I realized that many of those pictures happened to be of various Busse knives. However, further research demonstrated that those blades were generally out of my price range so my search carried on.

All of the sudden, a picture of a BK-9 popped up. It was love at first sight! I had to know what this badass looking beauty was and further digging revealed that it was a Becker BK-9 and was currently being made by Ka-Bar. I continued to research these knives which inevitably led me to these forums. Now this was years ago and all I did was lurk but the enthusiasm for these knives and the respect that everyone seemed to have for Ethan was contagious and I promptly bought my first Becker, a BK-9, the King, there can only be one...

Knowing that I had a trip planned soon after the blade was due to arrive, I scrambled to make my first sheath for it. Not being a big fan of cordura sheaths in general, I thought that the King deserved better pants at the time. I cobbled together a leather scout style sheath that I thought would be ideal and got it finished in time for the 9's first wilderness outing.

sqpIufS.jpg

2ZNjki6.jpg

Enjoying the finer things on its maiden voyage! Scotch, pipe, and of course, a Becker!

WiN4N7e.jpg

BbaH8oT.jpg

IgOX8G0.jpg

At the time that I purchased the 9, I was actually torn between getting the 9 and the 2. Like I said before, I was enthralled by sharpened prybars and the 2 really beckoned me. However, I chose the 9 as my first and I was very glad I did. But I wasn't content with just the one knife, I needed to start working my way through the lineup. Since my wife was in need of a solid knife for her outdoor kit, I ordered a a BK-2. When it arrived, we welcomed Becker #2 into the family. I liked the sheath just fine, but I replaced the cordura belt loop with one made of stout leather.

My wife insisted on cutting down our Christmas tree with her then brand new BK-2. She was rather excited and successful, as you can see. The knife is in the pocket of her sweatshirt.

sbEacZT.jpg

xFbjQvg.jpg

I was so impressed with these knives that before I acquired anymore for myself, I gifted a few to some of my close friends. I gifted a BK-5 to a buddy of mine and a BK-10 to his wife. I also sent a BK-11 to a friend who lives abroad. All of them became fast believers in the quality and toughness of these blades and have been enthusiastic owners ever since.

A bit of a lull in my knife purchasing occurred for a couple years while I pursued other hobbies and interests but I eventually came back and with my official joining of these forums last year, I celebrated by purchasing the next blade in my Becker lineup, the Sweet 16. I played with this one some, giving it a unique patina and stippling the handles. My wife soon took a fancy to it and it became her new knife more than mine...

6PP0o8b.jpg

J2oGsMm.jpg

5YaZlCY.jpg

Well, soon after that, the floodgates opened in a sense and not only do I have a lot more Beckers, but a lot more knives in general. A desirable side effect of being involved in the forums here.... A 5 was acquired, soon to be followed by a 14, 11, 7, 10, 4, and a 12. I love them all and am just as enthusiastic about Mr. Becker's designs and Ka-Bar's quality as I was when this fun ride got started.

mOhYaH2.jpg

LFEUaHX.jpg

o7cLvc5.jpg

8e6Y4bJ.jpg

Yo4VG8A.jpg

I have been continuously impressed with Ethan's attentiveness to his fans and customers and Ka-Bar has demonstrated overall excellent service. I am a very proud advocate for these knives and never need a lot of encouragement to demonstrate my enthusiasm. These are tough, no-nonsense knives that surely do "Work for a Living" and can be had for extremely reasonable prices. These are my "go to" knives and likely always will be.

I am honored to be a proud Beckerhead and a shameless fanboy :D. Thank you, Ethan, for your terrific design philosophies and thank you, Ka-Bar, for making such excellent knives!

nqJ2Zbu.jpg

Thanks for the chance!

I don't have many beckers but my most used knives are a BKT collaboration. I use one of these at least once a day (top two):
DYmAc2gh.jpg

These are fantastic kitchen knives, especially considering the cost. Absolutely love them. I wish they were still made because they would make a great gift for friends and family. Some more pics:
fSMzbuih.jpg
naXGIlRh.jpg
2MbqUFeh.jpg
WFywi2Th.jpg

I've had other beckers come and go. The one that I regretted letting go the most was the 15. I started looking for another almost immediately after selling it. Took over a year to find one at a reasonable price. As we all know these are discontinued and the price for one now is more than double. I've been working on this one:
IlrqjeYh.jpg

Removed the patina from the previous owner. Dyed the TKC orange and black scales to red and black. No way in hell am I ever selling this knife again!

Last edited:
My introduction to Beckers came a few years ago. I had always been into knives and enjoying time in the woods, but I didn't really dive into it until college. I used a cheap Cold Steel fixed blade as my main woods knife for a couple years, then transitioned to a Mora. After college, I decided that I was going to buy myself a proper knife that cost more than $20. I looked all over and considered every option in the $100 price range. Finally, I found out about the Becker BK16 and went to my local knife store to handle one. I immediately fell in love with it. My wife (fiancee at the time) was with me, and secretly took notes. I decided to start saving up to get a BK16, but before I had a chance to realize that goal on my own, my father-in-law (who had conspired with my wife) bought it for me as a wedding gift! I loved that thing! It was the Goldilocks of knives: not too big, not too small. I took it on a bunch of adventures. Not only was it my first Becker, but it was my first good knife. I have several other good knives at this point, but I'll never get rid of my 16. In fact, I was just fondling it a few minutes ago.

Fast forward a couple years, and I had the chance to meet Ethan at a gathering. It was pretty awesome to shake the hand of the guy that designed my first good woods knife and consequently launched me into the knife community.

I have a couple more Beckers now (plus a few that have come and gone) but the 16 is still my favorite.

20160730_125235-jpg.311584

Thanks for the fantastic GAW and for letting me share my story.

Last edited:
I wasn’t after a Becker, I wasn’t really aware of the brand, I was selling a Mini Griptilian to fund a fixed blade and was offered a new in box BK5 as a straight swap, obviously after a quick google I bit the guys hand off!
When she arrived it was love at first sight, and what’s not to love, those curves, the choil that feel’s like it was made for my hand.
Me and Bekki have been together ever since and we are expecting a Ramora very soon.

It was probably mid-2011 when I walked into a knife shop in the Tacoma mall. I was just killing time because my wife was clothes shopping. I wasn’t looking for anything to buy in the knife store because truthfully I wasn’t really crazy about knives. I already owned a Gerber Gator and I liked it.
Walking around the knife shop something caught my eye...it was a Ka-bar USMC. I immediately asked the clerk if I could handle the knife. Wow, what a knife! I was hooked! I knew I needed one. I shopped around online for a few weeks.

As I researched Ka-bar, Becker Knife & Tool kept popping up in searches. The BK&T knives looked pretty cool so I started researching them as well. That led me here to the BK&T subforum on Blade Forums.
I ended up buying a Ka-bar short utility and a Becker BK11. Between using those knives and paroozing the forums, I got absolutely hooked on knives. I joined Bladeforums back in January 2012 for the sole purpose of achieving Beckerhead status. I just couldn’t believe how crazy the BH’s were about their knives. I felt the same way and wanted in on the action. There were pictures of knives in use, glamour shots, knife mods, monthly contests, member giveaways, Beckerhead gatherings...it was awesome! I remember posting and starting threads so that I could meet the specific requirements of Beckerhead membership as laid out by Moose. Finally the day came when I was able to officially apply. I waited for a few days that seemed like weeks. Checking...checking again...and again. Finally I was approved!! Yes!!

After my inception I bought a BK2 then a 7 and 9, won a BK4 prototype, got in on all kinds of contests and giveaways, and have taken countless pictures of my knives and posted them. Since then I’ve never really looked back. I’ve bought, sold, traded, and gifted more Beckers than I can count. Today I have quite a healthy collection of Becker knives.:D The BK&T forum has become my favorite online hangout. There are so many great folks here who willingly share a collective wealth of knowledge.
I went to the 3rd BeckerWest gathering and haven’t missed one yet. I was able to meet Ethan at a few of them and I was just so stoked to meet him and talk with him and hear some of his stories, thoughts on knife design, and delight in his legendary world-class campfire cooking. The man is so genuine it felt like I had been friends with him for years. He gifted us all Saber 16’s one year! His generosity is amazing. At one of the gatherings Ethan watched me snap my Camillus BK-9 in two during a chopping competition. He gave me his phone number and told me to call him when he was home and that he would send me one of his new laser etched Ka-bar BK-9’s. Ethan Becker is a class act in my book. I can’t say enough good things about the guy.

I can honestly say if it wasn’t for Ka-bar and Ethan’s knives, I wouldn’t be into knives like I am now and I wouldn’t have been able to meet some of the great friends I’ve gotten to know through this forum and the gatherings. When I reflect like this it makes me truly greatful that Ka-bar, Ethan, and the Mods all do what they do. Thanks guys. We ALL appreciate you.

xnhYUCs.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve known the Becker name since first seeing the Campanion in catalogs and magazines, back in the 1980’s if I recall correctly, but I met Ethan only about a year ago. I was peddling my knives at a gunshow when I looked up and saw Ethan Becker standing at my table. I was faced with two choices. I could stand and shake his hand or hide beneath the table until he left. I mean surely he would look down upon my knives with disdain, right? I’m glad I chose the former because I could not have been more wrong about the latter. I have since been a beneficiary of his expertise, encouragement, generosity, and friendship.

Oh, and he let me caress the Colclesser Kephart!

Many thanks, E!

I was a moderator on another forum and ended up getting booted off by the owner for taking up for the members there against a well-known troll. Well, it was time to find a new brand to support and recommend to others! I always like the way Beckers looked with their ergonomic handles. @The Warrior, invited me here and sent me a care package with a brand new knife and some patches. Awesome guy! So my very first Becker blade was the bk4 gifted to me from The Warrior. It was all down hill from there, I bought a bk5, bk15, bk9, and a bk21. My wife even has a bk2 that @Tanker 1/66 gifted her! This year at Blade show, I knew I had to make it by the Kabar/Becker booth to meet Ethan, the man himself! Not only did I meet Ethan, but Bladite and Moose (who was busy with helping someone out) I learned a quick history lesson on the original Horace Kephart knife! Well, needless to say, after meeting Ethan and the folks at Kabar/Becker, I knew Becker was the brand to use and promote now. Thank you Ethan and gang for an awesome lineup of knives! You have customers (my wife and I) for life now!

My very first Becker. Thanks Warrior! This pic is for all of you baton haters out there...
DSC_0056_zpsva4bhryv.jpg

DSC08332_zpsgegbfwkv.jpg

Bk20
GgWwgBU.jpg

Bk9
9dbXgF0.jpg

Bk21
rcJNR91.jpg

Ethan, Bladite and me
3cLqCDM.jpg

Ethan is a very kind, salt-of-the-Earth, kinda guy! He even let me hold the original Kephart knife! :eek:
gEWWeQu.jpg

Sooo, that there is my humble Becker story!

Congrats, 91bravo. You won. Please send me a message with your full shipping address. Thanks to all who shared their story. This is a good group of folks and a great community.

Back