Gayle Bradley 2

I was wondering. Has anyone here had rust on the GB1? My environment is humid and I would really like to get a GB2 but easy rusting would be a deal breaker for me.

i live hear in monterey,calif.right on the cost,and the salt air is vary humid hear,i had mine for only about 1 1/2 months and see no rusting problems going on with my GB 1)i would think living hear would be real world test with rust and M4 steel!:eek:

Here is comparison side by side GB (203 mm) vs. GB2 (213 mm).
I hope this will help somebody to make a decision...

eeacfc92b61ab2a0e0d8e692a7d1ad9e.jpg

Most highly anticipated Spydie (for me) ever!
And as far as which one to buy - BOTH!

Thanks for posting that, yeah that looks really nice, this knife and the smaller PM2 will be my next blade purchases. I have to sell some first though, good grief.... to many spydies.

Sal, you and Eric take a break from all this, my wallet can't take much more!

Thanks for posting that, yeah that looks really nice, this knife and the smaller PM2 will be my next blade purchases. I have to sell some first though, good grief.... to many spydies.

Sal, you and Eric take a break from all this, my wallet can't take much more!

Not to derail the thread, but... smaller PM2?! What am I missing?? :D I gotta get a GB2 AND a smaller version of the PM2?! My wallet's gonna be so empty if it's true!

That comparison picture reminds me again how much I'm going to miss the finger choil.

Same here.

Not sure I'm in the market for the "upgrade". I have two of the original GB folders--one I carry often and a new-in-box one squirreled away as insurance against possible future loss.

I like the handling and all the quirks of the original GB...and the way it looks. It has a very distinctive profile whereas the GB2 just looks like another standard issue Spyderco. Not that standard issue Spyderco is a bad thing. It's just that the knife doesn't stand out from the crowd to my eye.

You guys know you are going to buy the GB2, regardless of how you feel about the GB1. It's M4 steel, a steel liner lock with no cutouts, and it's probably going to sell in the $100-125 range. And it's going to look awesome in Sketchen scales. What more can you ask for?

You guys know you are going to buy the GB2, regardless of how you feel about the GB1. It's M4 steel, a steel liner lock with no cutouts, and it's probably going to sell in the $100-125 range. And it's going to look awesome in Sketchen scales. What more can you ask for?

Shhhhhhhhh. Staaaahp.

Here is comparison side by side GB (203 mm) vs. GB2 (213 mm).
I hope this will help somebody to make a decision...

eeacfc92b61ab2a0e0d8e692a7d1ad9e.jpg

Until very recently, I'd never even looked at any of the GB2 stuff...I was under the mistaken impression that it was a smaller version of the GB. When I did finally look, I liked what I saw...and your side by side (so to speak) image adds a good bit of clarity. There are things I like about both versions; but I think the GB2 appeals to me more than the original. I do wonder if the shorter handle (height) will be a positive or negative feature, though.

Truth.

That comparison picture reminds me again how much I'm going to miss the finger choil.

It may be able to be modded and installed... depends on where the lock bar hits on the blade etc. After I get the first one in hand I'll take a look!

Just when I start to think that life is flying by, I think about the GB2 release date and time slows to an unbelievably sluggish crawl. ;)

I have been looking forward to this knife for the past couple years! Can't wait. Based on those picture though, I really hope the hole is at least the same size as the GB1...

Back