Gayle Bradley 2

Here is comparison side by side GB (203 mm) vs. GB2 (213 mm).
I hope this will help somebody to make a decision...

eeacfc92b61ab2a0e0d8e692a7d1ad9e.jpg

It did, I sold my GB and have pre-ordered the GB2!

I learned a long time ago to never judge a knife without handling it first, but being a current GB1 owner, I think I'm informed enough to know that the GB2 isn't likely to be a future purchase for me.

In my opinion, the increased blade length, refined/reshaped blade grind, recessed-when-folded blade tang and slimmer, more pocket-friendly proportions are definite improvements. However, the loss of the finger choil is a big demerit for me. I also like to minimize overlap in style/capability/materials in my collection, and the GB2 arguably is 90% the same as the GB1. I certainly hope it fulfills the high hopes of all those waiting for one though...you certainly deserve it to for all the time you've waited, at minimum. :D

I learned a long time ago to never judge a knife without handling it first, but being a current GB1 owner, I think I'm informed enough to know that the GB2 isn't likely to be a future purchase for me.

In my opinion, the increased blade length, refined/reshaped blade grind, recessed-when-folded blade tang and slimmer, more pocket-friendly proportions are definite improvements. However, the loss of the finger choil is a big demerit for me. I also like to minimize overlap in style/capability/materials in my collection, and the GB2 arguably is 90% the same as the GB1. I certainly hope it fulfills the high hopes of all those waiting for one though...you certainly deserve it to for all the time you've waited, at minimum. :D
Thanks for sharing. Everyone was on the edge of their seat wondering why you weren't going to get one I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing. Since I come to this site to hear what people think about knives I was happy to get your perspective. Much appreciated!

Somehow the GB2 was totally off my radar until I saw this thread. I know everyone's been comparing GB2 to GB1, but how about GB2 vs PM2 in M4? I'm suddenly reconsidering getting the jade M4 PM2 and just getting the GB2 instead... the blade seems just as useful and the overall fit and finish I daresay looks classier than the PM2. Thoughts?

Somehow the GB2 was totally off my radar until I saw this thread. I know everyone's been comparing GB2 to GB1, but how about GB2 vs PM2 in M4? I'm suddenly reconsidering getting the jade M4 PM2 and just getting the GB2 instead... the blade seems just as useful and the overall fit and finish I daresay looks classier than the PM2. Thoughts?

That's the route I would go with, personally, for a mid-sized worker folder. Comes down to which blade length, lock type, grind, weight, looks, etc. you value more.

It's all in how you think about it... I'm not buying a new Bradley, I'm buying what the Starmate could've been. :D

Blade length ~3.7", OAL ~8.5", flat-sided handle with minor curves and no choil for both.

Except with the GB2 we get M4 instead of VG-10, grippy CF laminate instead of regular G10, a 3mm thick hollow-ground blade instead of a 4mm saber grind, Taichung f&f instead of the rough ricasso and other nitpicks from Japan - and what's more, the GB2 is also cheaper.

I'm pumped, definitely in for one as soon as I find one in stock somewhere. :)

It's all in how you think about it... I'm not buying a new Bradley, I'm buying what the Starmate could've been. :D

Blade length ~3.7", OAL ~8.5", flat-sided handle with minor curves and no choil for both.

Except with the GB2 we get M4 instead of VG-10, grippy CF laminate instead of regular G10, a 3mm thick hollow-ground blade instead of a 4mm saber grind, Taichung f&f instead of the rough ricasso and other nitpicks from Japan - and what's more, the GB2 is also cheaper.

I'm pumped, definitely in for one as soon as I find one in stock somewhere. :)

This is a great way to think about it. :thumbup: Definitely some strong similarities there than end with the GB2 on top of the pile.

Does anyone know what the liners look like under the scales? I'm interested in modding one into a shorter office knife but the skeletonized liners may limit my options.

Back