Gayle Bradley Hard Use

Hey Officer's Match, sorry to hear about your cat. Losing a pet is never easy, hopefully the Maiden concert cheered you up a bit! Ive been looking at the Gayle Bradley's and following this post for a while now, and finally pulled the trigger on a GB1! Can't wait for it to arrive...sleeping will be hard tonight haha. There is a sale on them for $175 (Canadian dollars) until tomorrow April 7th on Warriors and Wonders for anyone interested. The picture on the site shows no stamp of Texas on backside of blade, hoping to get lucky and nab a first gen!

Hey Officer's Match, sorry to hear about your cat. Losing a pet is never easy, hopefully the Maiden concert cheered you up a bit! Ive been looking at the Gayle Bradley's and following this post for a while now, and finally pulled the trigger on a GB1! Can't wait for it to arrive...sleeping will be hard tonight haha. There is a sale on them for $175 (Canadian dollars) until tomorrow April 7th on Warriors and Wonders for anyone interested. The picture on the site shows no stamp of Texas on backside of blade, hoping to get lucky and nab a first gen!

Thank you, I truly was attached to her, quite the furry ball of fury she was. Bruce and the Boys were outstanding, loved the set list (the Book of Souls album they are supporting is great).

As for the sans Tx/GB logo, that would be incredible, though I have a tough time imagining any of those initial prodo's out there NIB.

Officer,

Sorry for your loss. Hope the concert and new GB1 helps. We had to put down our dog years ago to end her suffering. It's hard.

My GB1 is also full liner, but with the Texas stamp. Carried it for 2 days, no pitting so far, but I was keep checking it ;).

As for the sans Tx/GB logo, that would be incredible, though I have a tough time imagining any of those initial prodo's out there NIB.

Yeah I quite highly doubt that it's a prototype but my fingers are crossed haha. If by some magical chance it is I'll let ya know:thumbup:

Thanks again for the compassion about my departed kitty guys, it really is much appreciated. Here are some pic's of my lost friend, along with a creative (via Photobucket toys) take on the new-to-me old school GB1:

Last pic, literally minutes before she died in my arms [sniff]:

Condolences OM.

Also, you got lucky with the concert security. I had a similar incident at a wizards game involving a Case SBJ. The security were thieves though and didn't turn it in to guest services for me to pick up. I got lucky it wasn't my PM2....frankly I would not have given that one over, instead would not have gone in.

Man oh man.... those pics brought a tear to my eye. I know how hard it is to lose a best pet friend. I am sorry for your loss. I'm sure you have many loving memories that will live on.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, yall win again. Just picked one up, now eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well, yall win again. Just picked one up, now eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

Congrats on the new purchase! The waiting is the hardest part haha. I Finally got the GB1 myself, what a gorgeous knife! Fit and finish is outstanding! It looks so nice I almost don't want to put it through any hard testing....... Almost. :)

Ordered a GB1 and it arrives later today. Had the 2 and liked it but it felt a tad long in the blade and a coworker was chomping at the bit to buy it from me so sold it to him.

Exciting to get it in my hands and see how it feels.

I think you will love the GB1, at least I do. The ergo's are perfect for cutting and the action on each one I've had has been fantastic (especially my latest one).

I got the gb1 in and I like it much better than the gb2. It fits my hand better, I like the choiil, thicker liners and the blade is the right length. Don't get me wrong the gb2 was very nice and I considered keeping it but someone in my office kept asking to buy it and so I thought I would try the 1. My biggest issue with the gb2 was it felt too long in the blade.

The think to the eye the gb2 looked better one the ends of the knife when closed.

Very happy with the choice.

Update to my pitting issue.
Last night I used my GB to cut open bathing liquid soap refills. Some of it smeared on the blade, when I put it aside while I do the refilling.

Now, those soaps are advertised as pH balanced, so it shouldn't be acidic. I have done this with 8Cr and VG10. No issues! Someone posted long time back that M4 doesn't patina easily. So I didn't expect anything leaving the soap there for a while. Guess what: in less than 10 minutes (maybe 5?) it took to refill, the soap & blade turned black. :eek:

I washed it & yes it formed patina. So I took it apart, washed it clean, and cover pivot, washer & detent track with marker, then smeared the whole blade with the soap. Waited 5-10 mins, keep the soap moving around to make it more even, now it's pearly dark (not a total black) like SB after used to cut apple.

Sorry, no pics yet, but for those looking to patina M4, this supposedly neutral pH soap does it wonderfully. It's the antiseptic type, if it matters.

Hope this help prevent pitting. :thumbup:
Don't know if I'd continue using the soap to bath:eek:.

Previously:
13234938473_27b3726d0a_k.jpg

Now:
26145687990_f4ee29c422_k.jpg

See the bluish tone on the mirrored part.

Some days are just plain better than others... Monday I had to bury my cat who died (peacefully, thank God) in my arms - not a fun day. Yesterday (Tuesday) my 25 yr old son and my younger brother and I drove to Detroit to see Iron Maiden (Book of Souls tour). My carry was the new-to-me original solid-liner config GB1. Could have sworn I had put it in the glove. Set the detector off, was wanded by security; he said must be my belt buckle. Half way through the show I realized the Gayle Bradley was in my rfp. :eek:

Great pic! Up the Irons! I was at the Chicago show the very next day. Fantastic tour! :thumbup:

Here's a few videos I shot if you want to check em out.

Book of Souls - https://youtu.be/Vl3f0bFY2FI

Children of the Damned - https://youtu.be/vn1q0CD0tqM

Powerslave - https://youtu.be/7RWw7MbAjHw

Some days are just plain better than others... Monday I had to bury my cat who died (peacefully, thank God) in my arms - not a fun day. Yesterday (Tuesday) my 25 yr old son and my younger brother and I drove to Detroit to see Iron Maiden (Book of Souls tour). My carry was the new-to-me original solid-liner config GB1. Could have sworn I had put it in the glove. Set the detector off, was wanded by security; he said must be my belt buckle. Half way through the show I realized the Gayle Bradley was in my rfp. :eek:

It was a great show! I was there the very next day in Chicago! Maiden are just an amazing band and their music is just a miracle the way it touches so many people. Hopefully the showed cheered you up about your cat. Up the Irons!

Here's a video of Book of Souls that I shot if you want to check it out. [video]https://youtu.be/Vl3f0bFY2FI[/video] Bruce has a little fun with a guy Tweeting in the front row. lol There's more from the show on my channel including Children of the Damned, Blood Brothers, Number of the Beast, and Powerslave!

It was a great show! I was there the very next day in Chicago! Maiden are just an amazing band and their music is just a miracle the way it touches so many people. Hopefully the showed cheered you up about your cat. Up the Irons!

Here's a video of Book of Souls that I shot if you want to check it out. [video]https://youtu.be/Vl3f0bFY2FI[/video] Bruce has a little fun with a guy Tweeting in the front row. lol There's more from the show on my channel including Children of the Damned, Blood Brothers, Number of the Beast, and Powerslave!

Those four, along with If Eternity Should Fail, were my absolute favorites of the show, which yes, was great. The last 3 shows I've seen in Detroit, which is a 4 hour drive for me, were worth the drive (a British metal theme if you will): Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Judas Priest.

Last edited:
Used mine so hard it popped a screw [emoji12] thankfully Spyderco shipped me a replacement. Now for a cleaning and replacement.
a08c98ad8f79bf62eb4d7cc64a803a10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back