Gayle Bradley Hard Use

Those four, along with If Eternity Should Fail, were my absolute favorites of the show, which yes, was great. The last 3 shows I've seen in Detroit, which is a 4 hour drive for me, were worth the drive (a British metal theme if you will): Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Judas Priest.

If Eternity Should Fail was a favorite of mine too. I thought the set list was awesome overall and it's just a fantastic tour. REALLY happy they did Children of the Damned and Powerslave. I drove from St. Louis to see them in Chicago. Nearly a 5 hour drive... but so worth it!

PS Sorry about the two similar posts above. The first one "had to be approved" because I'm new and it had multiple video links. They approved it after I made the second post.

So what is the consensus on the gb2 for hard use? I have long wanted a gb and am ready to pull the trigger on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is the consensus on the gb2 for hard use? I have long wanted a gb and am ready to pull the trigger on one.

Can't help you on the GB2, but the GB is an amazing knife and a true workhorse. I've had a few over the years. Wish I could get them back!

Replaced my worn up Endura for a GB2 about 3 weeks ago.
I'm an electrician and my work knives tend to have a hard time, especially when stripping steel wire armoured cable and occasionally cutting twin and earth cable if my side cutters or pliers aren't to hand. (laziness if I'm honest!)
So far, the GB2 has proved to be the best work knife I've owned in 25 years of working.
It's my first experience of CPM-M4 and it really is an unbelievable steel. The edge it takes is superb, and it holds it like no other steel I've seen.
My advice...buy one. You won't be disappointed.

Ian.

Replaced my worn up Endura for a GB2 about 3 weeks ago.
I'm an electrician and my work knives tend to have a hard time, especially when stripping steel wire armoured cable and occasionally cutting twin and earth cable if my side cutters or pliers aren't to hand. (laziness if I'm honest!)
So far, the GB2 has proved to be the best work knife I've owned in 25 years of working.
It's my first experience of CPM-M4 and it really is an unbelievable steel. The edge it takes is superb, and it holds it like no other steel I've seen.
My advice...buy one. You won't be disappointed.
Ian.
You picked the best blade steel currently available for our line of work.
It suffers far less damage to the edge than the others.
You also picked the best lock mechanism, imo.
Enjoy.

This question has likely been asked somewhere already and I just haven't found the answer....
Does anybody have an estimate as to when the GB2 will be back in stock at any of our favorite knife stores?

This question has likely been asked somewhere already and I just haven't found the answer....
Does anybody have an estimate as to when the GB2 will be back in stock at any of our favorite knife stores?

I found a dealer that has 2 in stock. I'm sending you a PM.

For $127 it's hard to pass up

Lucky you! £170/$223 over here.

You picked the best blade steel currently available for our line of work.
It suffers far less damage to the edge than the others.
You also picked the best lock mechanism, imo.
Enjoy.

Couldn't agree more. I've used all sorts over the years, Opinels, some of my own 80CrV2 fixed blades (fixed blades are not a great choice over here where so many people are anti-knife...mainly thanks to the sensationalist media coverage of anything knife related...and our ridiculous carry laws) , a Ka-Bar Dozier, a couple of old Cold Steels, and an Endura. I though the Endura in VG10 was good, but the GB2 is streets ahead.

Ian

This thread keeps coming back on the Spydie forum. I never get tried reading about all of the HD use that Andrew put his GB thru a few years ago!!

Lucky you! £170/$223 over here.

Couldn't agree more. I've used all sorts over the years, Opinels, some of my own 80CrV2 fixed blades (fixed blades are not a great choice over here where so many people are anti-knife...mainly thanks to the sensationalist media coverage of anything knife related...and our ridiculous carry laws) , a Ka-Bar Dozier, a couple of old Cold Steels, and an Endura. I though the Endura in VG10 was good, but the GB2 is streets ahead.

Ian

True... :( 137$ would be a no brainier to buy. No such luck here in Europe.

This is my favorite thread of all time.
image_zpszecxgso7.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well I didn't realize it was so hard to find the gb2. Might just watch the market for a 1 or 2.

Nice (thinned?) edge - or is that bevel. :thumbup:

Thanks.
Luong thinned it down by grinding flat, and then sharpened at a bit higher angle. He graciously let me have it, and I added microbevel (not so micro anymore) that is set following my user hand free edge bevel angle (25-30 inclusive). So now it's sort of thinned convex (free hand wobble convex :D ).

I need patina to reduce pitting by my sweat (bad bad sweat chemistry).

Member Marthinus tried the same flat thinning down and experience chipping (it's on previous page of this thread, IIRC).

Last edited:
Back