Gayle Bradley Hard Use

I love this thread, Andrew. Keep using that thing.

+1, I love this thread, too.
I've used mine quite a bit and love the design and the steel. I decided to start applying more down pressure (easily 50+ lbs, probably 100 at times) and I've increased the lateral pressures to something that feels unwise (not to 100 lbs, but enough to break some of my old knives).
Awesome steel... simply awesome.
It locks in place freaky good when heavy down force is used. Disengaging the lock isn't easy, but at least the blade is most definitely in a solidly locked state.
I also decided to let the M4 get dull to see what it takes to bring it back.
That was a mistake. It may seem easy to keep an edge on, but if it goes dull it's a mofo to bring back (I'm using extra coarse for reprofiling with the DMT aligner).
Kind of a pain to reassemble, but it all interlocks into a piece that is solid and functional for a hard folder use.
The blade will rust fast in the right conditions, but cleans up well.
Damn good knife.

Last edited:
After cutting the flashing yesterday I steeled the blade, then ran it on a ceramic rod. The edge has some chipping, but after sharpening would again slice paper cleanly and shave hair.

Andy

I've been helping build a house for my brother in law. We've been installing insulation and sheathing. Sometimes the studs are a little out, or not plumb, but pushing them one way or the other can give enough stud for screwing the sheathing on.

But sometimes one hasn't enough hands.

So, by pushing the stud over and jamming in a knife, it will hold the stud plum until the sheathing can be screwed to the stud.
Blanket-20110208-00130.jpg

No problem for this tuff knife.

Andy

man it seems like ppl have nothing but great stuff to say about the gb
i am one of those ppl i love this knife
it has done fine with everything i have throun at it

wow! i may just have to get one to use as a beater...previously i would just rip on my buck 110. I can't see myself using my S90V para 2 for that stuff...maybe I should..?

I caved in yesterday and came home with one. I was very impressed with the ergomonics and the carbon fibre is very grippy. The blade came extremely sharp (like all my spyderco's). For some reason it didn't feel as heavy to me as indicated in some threads. I look forward to carrying this one for a long time.

For some reason it didn't feel as heavy to me as indicated in some threads. I look forward to carrying this one for a long time.

Having carried a chinook 3 regularly sometimes rotated with a Ti millie, I don't find the GB heavy at all.

Mmmmmm...bump of a great thread since I have a GB on the way.

Very cool post. We use the electric tape here on my horse farm and all my knives instantly dull with a cut or two. If I have a repair to do I have to return to the house to get the tinsnips to cut the tape. Just found a reason to get a knife in one of the super steels!!!!!!

This thread is just the thing I needed to reassure me on my purchase of a 2nd GB.

bump this thread, it made me buy a gayle bradley last night. Any more pics?? Great thread btw

I am glad to see people use this knife like I do. I am not easy on knives and I have put mine to good use since I bought it a month ago. Sadly, no pics but I will next time I put it to real use!

Awesome thread. :thumbup:

My GB is out of this world. Just ask this alien.

GwIcB.jpg

This is an awesome thread; especially since it is a few years old and the GB is still taking it.

Andrew Colglazier can you post some pictures of how your knife looks now (like the pictures in your first post)? Would greatly appreciate it.

Back