GB1 - perhaps the knife I would miss the most.

Anyone own both the GB1 and GB2 for a nice side by side photo comparison?
dbKFr5P.jpg

I'm glad I saw this thread. The GB1 is the one Spyderco that I have always come back to ever since I was a broke college student. It recently has taken the back seat to the Spydiechef, but I broke the clip. So it's GB1 time.

Last edited:
I have only seen the Gayle Bradley Custom Knife Engraved Joe Mason Nighthawk Model#3 Edwards Black Jade Linerlock

Fantastic piece. Would love to own any of his custom creations.

I'm glad I saw this thread. The GB1 is the one Spyderco that I have always come back to ever since I was a broke college student. It recently has taken the back seat to the Spydiechef, but I broke the clip. So it's GB1 time.

Call Spyderco, they'll send you a replacement clip.

The Spydiechef is on my list to buy, can't wait to try it.

Call Spyderco, they'll send you a replacement clip.

The Spydiechef is on my list to buy, can't wait to try it.
It's a great knife. Quite different from the GB1, as it is slim and light. Very usable.
I sent Spyderco an email the other day and haven't replied to their response. Thanks for reminding me!

It's a great knife. Quite different from the GB1, as it is slim and light. Very usable.
I sent Spyderco an email the other day and haven't replied to their response. Thanks for reminding me!
Very thin grind too on the SpydieChef. Mine came spot on at 15 degrees per side on the edge - combined with thin grind, no wonder they are a light sabre. One area that the Chef and GB1 are comparable is in my daily lunch apple slicing duty - both are among the best of any folder I've ever had. I actually like the hollow grind of the GB for this duty, as it acts as a vacuum breaker to allow pull thru slicing (LOVE this thing).

4PqMTsch.jpg

I do not know how to do the fancy trick to summon Sal directly, but please brother we’re begging you, bring this back. As a poor fool who didn’t realize what he had when he had it, I need a second chance.

Sprint run with Micarta or G10 scales in green works for me! You have the power Sal, make it happen. Have I mentioned how cool you are and how Spyderco is my favorite company? I guarantee I’d immediately buy one and maybe two. Please?

Last edited:
I do not know how to do the fancy trick to summon Sal directly, but please brother we’re begging you, bring this back. As a poor fool who didn’t realize what he had when he had it, I need a second chance.

Sprint run with Micarta or G10 scales in green works for me! You have the power Sal, make it happen. Have I mentioned how cool you are and how Spyderco is my favorite company? I guarantee I’d immediately buy one and maybe two. Please?

You and me both, I'd love a micarta.

Managed to snag one of these on the exchange. Excited to have one back in the fold. Still wouldn’t mind a sprint run Sal!

Congrats! I saw one go for a VERY good price on FB the other night and if I was a little quicker on the draw I would have grabbed it as a backup.

That's my twin brother's knives above. After a fondling session (The Knives! The Knives!) I had to have the GB1 and was fortunate (unfortunate?) enough to find one NIB which cost me an arm and a leg to get up here to Canada. I had really wanted him to make me a wooden handle but when I got the knife I found the carbon fiber spectacular looking and grippy. I have not allowed him to do any mods to mine - doesn't need any, it is perfect as is.

B13bvEY.jpg
B13bvEY.jpg
Pic coming...

Last edited:
Back