GB2 Access Mod

The relief doesn't need to be much to make all the difference. This is probably no more than 1/16" on mine.

With the right tools it takes longer to disassemble and reassemble than to do the grinding.

View attachment 1142900

View attachment 1142901

Very true. Yours doesn't even look like anything was done. Optimum value.

With mine however, I was also trying to expose the entire thumb hole. So it ended up looking like overkill lock access.

Has anyone ground down the protruding steel liners to make them flush with the CF scales around the entire knife? I would think that could help it feel slimmer and more comfortable in use. Or is that a terrible idea?

Not a bad idea if that's the look you want. But thinking it would be easier to just make (or have made) new scales. May be a little easier to flush out. Could use a thinner material if width was an issue. And even contour the shape a bit.

Someone did the full profile flush grind, but the tip gets very close to being exposed at the end of the handle.

Someone did the full profile flush grind, but the tip gets very close to being exposed at the end of the handle.

Good point, I had not thought about that. Might be better to get customized scales that are flush with the liners or perhaps grind the liners down only in areas that for hot spots. Of course this is all conjecture since I have yet to order my own GB2.

Back