GB2 restock?

Anybody gotta line on when some Gayle Bradley 2 folders will show up to dealers? These are pretty scarce on the secondary market and sold out everywhere.

Great model, I waited a couple years to be able to snag one last year when they sent a batch out.

Is the gb1 better then the 2? I see gb1 on the secondary market. I think full liners?

I own both. The GB2 is my favorite in terms of design and the GB1 is my favorite in terms of ergos.

Stylistically, the GB2 is longer and more streamlined than the GB1 but the GB1 has a fuller handle, more heft due to thicker liners and better gimping on the top of the blade than the GB2, which just feels better in my hand.

If I had to choose just one, it would be the GB1 because ergos are more important than "looks" to me and also because the GB1 is the more "collectible" and harder one to find.

gMsqXih.jpg

TVHr3Wl.jpg

JYCG78a.jpg

Last edited:
Great model, I waited a couple years to be able to snag one last year when they sent a batch out.

Seriously?... You had to wait 2 years before they made a batch?!....if this knife truly is a masterpiece and constantly OOS, wouldn't you ramp up production to feed the demand?...just sayin

Seriously?... You had to wait 2 years before they made a batch?!....if this knife truly is a masterpiece and constantly OOS, wouldn't you ramp up production to feed the demand?...just sayin

Because sometimes demand outstrips supply, and they have a production schedule to follow. They can't just stop everything else and make more of something else, a production environment doesn't work like that with having to retool and do test runs every time they change models. They'll probably make more in the next batch to help meet demand.

I had a GB1 years back. Ended up selling it as the choil seemed like a risk for a finger to slide up on the blade. I meant to eventually grab a GB2, but have yet to do so.

I had a GB1 years back. Ended up selling it as the choil seemed like a risk for a finger to slide up on the blade. I meant to eventually grab a GB2, but have yet to do so.

You're entitled to your own reasons for preferring the GB2.

However, there is no risk of cutting yourself using the handle indentation in the GB1 which facilitates holding the knife w/a sabre grip for greater control and is one of the reasons I prefer the GB1 based on ergos.

The GB2 lacks this feature which IMO is a design deficiency.

If you are really worried about cutting yourself, take a look at the Smock. The leading edge of the choil of the blade, that's only there so that the blade can clear the release button in the handle, presents a real risk of getting cut and is the main reason that I sold mine.

My GB1 and my Smock are among my most favorite knives. Sometimes after carrying the Smock I feel nearly all other folders are deficient without the top/front flipper.

You're entitled to your own reasons for preferring the GB2.

However, there is no risk of cutting yourself using the handle indentation in the GB1 which facilitates holding the knife w/a sabre grip for greater control and is one of the reasons I prefer the GB1 based on ergos.

The GB2 lacks this feature which IMO is a design deficiency.

If you are really worried about cutting yourself, take a look at the Smock. The leading edge of the choil of the blade, that's only there so that the blade can clear the release button in the handle, presents a real risk of getting cut and is the main reason that I sold mine.
You can't guarantee there is no risk of someone cutting themselves.

Last edited:
IMHO the GB1>almost all other folders (GB2 included). It was/is a masterpiece.
I received a GB1 a few days ago that I purchased here on the exchange. You are correct, it is a very special knife. I didn’t expect that considering I like the look of the GB2 significantly better from photographs.But like many spydies, once in hand it is just like “WOW”.

Last edited:
Back