Gear Thread

I know. I will never buy olight products again because of it. They were the only light manufacturer that had a decently engineered clip.

I dont know why I can't find an aftermarket clip that will clip onto the brim of my hat, light forward, that will bolt onto my Malkoff AA MDC body.

Oh well.

Meh, just hold it in your mouth like a real man! Wait, that doesn't sound right...

View attachment 1291600
Attaching to my hat light forward is the key factor in my edc flashlight. These all fit the bill... but one is an Olight.
Nitecore TUP - USB rechargeable
Copper Olight - 1 AAA
Streamlight microstream - 1 AAA

Meh, just hold it in your mouth like a real man! Wait, that doesn't sound right...

I think I prefer the attach to the hat method.:D
gYNmRaq.jpg

YtPWn8g.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking up that nitecore now....
View attachment 1291600
Attaching to my hat light forward is the key factor in my edc flashlight. These all fit the bill... but one is an Olight.
Nitecore TUP - USB rechargeable
Copper Olight - 1 AAA
Streamlight microstream - 1 AAA

And Nathan, it hurts my teeth to hold it in my mouth for any extended period of ti....

Wait... What?

I like some stuff (outdoors and sport attire) by KUHL. Now it is expensive stuff for made in China and I certainly don’t pay retail but at times I find certain things by KUHL on sale at places like REI. Nothing hardcore for the wild outdoors, but well made despite the made in China stigma.

I like some stuff (outdoors and sport attire) by KUHL. Now it is expensive stuff for made in China and I certainly don’t pay retail but at times I find certain things by KUHL on sale at places like REI. Nothing hardcore for the wild outdoors, but well made despite the made in China stigma.

Kuhl makes a very comfortable and tough synthetic cap called the renegade. Great deal when it’s on sale.

this tree made me lose sleep, it leans at about 30 degrees, its roots are popped and it's snagged up top. A lotta guesswork and worry- I'm not a pro feller by any means. Today was the day to man up because I need to get the machine in at least one more time while it's still wet n wild out there, and this tree was sketching out my operator. I was actually shaking with anxiety when I got started, but was relieved that the tree was half the size my mind made it out to be since I've been obsessing over it. The trick was having two hinges, as I didn't want the tree to release on the fall since it could go anywhere and possibly realize some of my worries

I'm loving this saw, the 24" bar is a little unwieldy but settles into timber like an anchor. I think there was a little aggregate stuck in the tree, which happens when they grow fast, saw a couple sparks. Need me a D3V chain

this tree made me lose sleep, it leans at about 30 degrees, its roots are popped and it's snagged up top. A lotta guesswork and worry- I'm not a pro feller by any means. Today was the day to man up because I need to get the machine in at least one more time while it's still wet n wild out there, and this tree was sketching out my operator. I was actually shaking with anxiety when I got started, but was relieved that the tree was half the size my mind made it out to be since I've been obsessing over it. The trick was having two hinges, as I didn't want the tree to release on the fall since it could go anywhere and possibly realize some of my worries

I'm loving this saw, the 24" bar is a little unwieldy but settles into timber like an anchor. I think there was a little aggregate stuck in the tree, which happens when they grow fast, saw a couple sparks. Need me a D3V chain
Always a little pucker factor, but it almost looked like you know what you're doing;)

Really the safest thing to do in that situation is to stand off at a distance and shoot it down.

Man I miss when you could get a 1000 round case of 762x39 for 89 bucks
Some dumbass downed one of the trees on the side of a shooting lane, with a .50BMG at the local DNR public range.

Now there's a .308 caliber limit where there wasn't a caliber limitation before :mad:.

The tree was about the same size as the one above, and the .50 BMG punched holes straight through. Don't know when it happened. It was down when I got there and I had to clear it out of the way because it fell across the lane.

Looked like it took about 12-15 shots. It wasn't even one of the trees at the end of the range. It was about 15-20 yards from the bench on the 100yd lane.o_O

Back