Gear Thread

@darrelw - here you go.

8" tops, brown leather with a lower heel. I'm 6'4" and don't need a logger heel to make me any more of a giraffe than I already am. This is their Jobmaster model.

yCOLbjvl.jpg

SaGDAN3l.jpg

KoPpLI4l.jpg

Not sure where else to post this. This was my late grandmother's. My granddad re-handled it in a chunk of old hammer handle and - literally - 16d nails peened over as very crude rivets. The handle was cracked and rotted, and my aunt asked me to sort it out. Ironwood and copper has it back in good shape. Ready for another 75 years (she got this in the 40's we think)

Gsnt8Cpl.jpg

LCcqBRil.jpg

Here’s a little piece of gear (headlamp) I picked up for hiking/backpacking. I had some “dividends” that needed spending at a certain store.
It has also performed well for night jogging.
It’s made by Knog and the model is the quokka. There is also a model called the bandicoot which appears to be the “plus” model to this. I have found this to be perfectly adequate.
It has a flood, spot and night vision (red light) function. Also multiple lumen functions.
Super light weight and usb rechargeable. Overall - really convenient.
Battery life is dependent on function and output.
At work I clip my EDC flashlight to the bill of my hat. The quokka works way better in tight places - like crawling under my truck to do work.
49889428-30FD-413B-9AAA-7432105C40E7.jpeg 28543ECC-045C-45C5-9AAC-25577B279AAC.jpeg E374563E-D58C-4E35-8C95-EB9A8E48047F.jpeg

Last edited:
it's shop gear
OeUHKyC.jpg

67ZLuw8.jpg

built a horse for my grinder. It is tres solide, and I used some materials to help damp vibrations. Everything is salvaged, including the ancient bolts I used to attach the top- as you can see, the head broke off one of them. Used screws are a pleasure to use. Not

and a little thing for my kid's room. Great use for old pickle jars

Rvnufrz.jpg

yDR98mc.jpg

still plenty rough. Gonna finish it up nicer and maybe rig up a light to go in the middle. I think I have some old shit around that should work

Who else likes flashlights?

Ivwi1Wl.jpg

Flashy flashlights or just flashlights? ;)

I think that I may have wasted invested about 1K (maybe a little bit more?) in about half dozen or so various EDC/weapon flashlights since I had joined this Site. But I hear that some people on here spend near that much alone on a couple of really high end EDC flashlights.

Back