Gear Thread

Most indispensable piece of gear for mountain hunting- Swarovski NL Pures.
Out-glassed everything else out there including Leicas and Zeiss. We barely even needed a spotter to verify the Pures are that good.
It isn’t hype, I sold my NXS riflescope and worked crazy overtime to buy them and after a day of use zero regrets.
I looked them up after reading your post because you you mentioned working OT to get them. WOW! Those would cost me a lot more than the price tag, they'd come with a bill from the divorce lawyer along with a loss of half of my stuff 🤪🥴
Seriously though, with what we hunters spend on rifles and scopes these days that doesn't seem too bad for the quality that I'm sure the you get.
With how things are going it'll cost that much for a box of ammo in a few years.

1AbominAble1 1AbominAble1
They are $$ however I took the advice of basically buy them once and never have to pay the toll again.
If it makes the difference between seeing stuff or not seeing stuff, well then it is worth it. I was able to stay on glass longer than everyone else due to the comfort on the eyes and ergos of the barrels=kind of like a CPK knife with extended use vs others.

For strictly timber hunting I would go with the 8x32 just for the compact size and less bulk/weight, but for the mix here in BC the 10x42 covers everything. Hand holding is no problem with these

Most indispensable piece of gear for mountain hunting- Swarovski NL Pures.
Out-glassed everything else out there including Leicas and Zeiss. We barely even needed a spotter to verify the Pures are that good.
It isn’t hype, I sold my NXS riflescope and worked crazy overtime to buy them and after a day of use zero regrets.
Congrats on the optics, I agree they can make a huge difference. I shot a match where they had us hit a target at 200 yards every 5 minutes as it went dark. Most guys stopped once they were just making noise. I felt like I was cheating with my Schmidt and Bender scope. I could still make out the target at the end. I found it much better than my Nightforce.

I think there’s a Swarovski shop at a mall not too far from me, I’m going to call and see if they have these or if it’s just crystal and trinkets. I’ve been surprised by how nice Trijicon glass is over the old Nikon and Leupold that I’ve used and am very curious to see how these blow those out of the water.
Congrats again on the successful hunt and the new gear.

I think there’s a Swarovski shop at a mall not too far from me, I’m going to call and see if they have these or if it’s just crystal and trinkets. I’ve been surprised by how nice Trijicon glass is over the old Nikon and Leupold that I’ve used and am very curious to see how these blow those out of the water.
They tend to be at the big outdoors stores rather than the mall. Funnily enough my prize at that same match was a set of Swarovski range finding binoculars worth about $1000. Pretty outrageous for 5th place.

I was a big big Leupold fan for many many years, until I purchased my first Trijicon. Not that the Leupolds are bad scopes or anything, but moving forward, I will have Trijicon optics on all of my rifles.

I was a big big Leupold fan for many many years, until I purchased my first Trijicon. Not that the Leupolds are bad scopes or anything, but moving forward, I will have Trijicon optics on all of my rifles.
I recently sold my ACOG TA01NSN 4x32 and picked up a mini ACOG 1.5X with the ACSS reticle. The glass on the mini is very impressive. My next magnified optic will be either an accupower or accupoint.
I’d put their glass against makers that cost a lot more money- not that anything they make is cheap.

I recently sold my ACOG TA01NSN 4x32 and picked up a mini ACOG 1.5X with the ACSS reticle. The glass on the mini is very impressive. My next magnified optic will be either an accupower or accupoint.
I’d put their glass against makers that cost a lot more money- not that anything they make is cheap.

My wife has an accupoint 1-4 on her rifle. I have the Credo 1-4 on one of mine. I kinda wish I went with the accupoint. It's so easy to aim, very quick to get on target, and the reticle is super bright, even in low light conditions. If I get another LPVO, it will be an accupoint TR24 with green reticle.

SgIH2By.jpg

My wife has an accupoint 1-4 on her rifle. I have the Credo 1-4 on one of mine. I kinda wish I went with the accupoint. It's so easy to aim, very quick to get on target, and the reticle is super bright, even in low light conditions. If I get another LPVO, it will be an accupoint TR24 with green reticle.

SgIH2By.jpg
That color, or should I say lack of color change, and clarity are exactly what I’m talking about. There’s a reason their glass has such a great reputation.
I was really looking at a VCOG when they came out. I almost choked down the price ( I’m not a rich man ) but the weight killed it for me. I think the Accupower is a much better option for my needs as would be the Accupoint. I went the other way with the last build and put on a set of Scalarworks fixed Iron sights. They’re expensive for irons but not much more than I used to pay for a set of TROY BUIS. the adjustments are able to be spun by hand, have great detents to hold your desired setting, and are about as light as air while still being extremely robust.

That color, or should I say lack of color change, and clarity are exactly what I’m talking about. There’s a reason their glass has such a great reputation.
I was really looking at a VCOG when they came out. I almost choked down the price ( I’m not a rich man ) but the weight killed it for me. I think the Accupower is a much better option for my needs as would be the Accupoint. I went the other way with the last build and put on a set of Scalarworks fixed Iron sights. They’re expensive for irons but not much more than I used to pay for a set of TROY BUIS. the adjustments are able to be spun by hand, have great detents to hold your desired setting, and are about as light as air while still being extremely robust.
I have Scalarworks irons on 2 of my rifles as well. They are very exceptional sights and better than the rest IMO. Seems we have very similar tastes in optics and irons!

41VVmNe.jpg

Last edited:
I have Scalarworks irons on 2 of my rifles as well. They are very exceptional sights and better than the rest IMO. Seems we have very similar tastes in optics and irons!

41VVmNe.jpg
If you’re running PWS rifles/pistols it’s going to get weird :)
Well, it seems that with my gold membership lapsing, I can’t post a pic.
I’ll correct that shortly.

What do you guys like for sling setups? I have access to a gun with a 15” lightweight M-Lok upper and a Magpul CTR stock.
I like my Magpul and Vickers slings. I’m a fan of the QD in the stock and paraclip up front. The paraclip allows for the sling to adjust to your body while moving and of course everyone is going to Ike something different. Gotta find what works best for your setup.

Back